Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the 995 Camo today that I ordered. Upon close inspection I can't see where a Red Dot sight would mount with the Weaver mount that most come with. Any suggestions?

Also appears it came with only one mag. Thought they had two.

(The reason I'm being so ambiguous here is that the 995 is in my truck well secured so my wife won't get on my case!!) :oops:

Also have been reviewing Red Dot Sights on the internet and here and, while most of you guys have the BSA 30mm Red Dot, would there be any advantage to buying the 42mm Red Dot? Price seems about the same.

Thanks

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did see a hunk of metal in the box. Didn't pick it up.

How about 30mm vs 42mm?

Thanks

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your carbine is going to be a truck gun
Thanks GlockMan. It's in the truck because I'm hiding it - for now - until I can say something like, "honey, I've had that for years".

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips.

Becaused I purchased the CAMO version of the 995, I thought I'd better stick with a CAMO Red Dot.

The only one I could find on the web with a reasonable price was the Tasco Red Dot 5MOA, model BKRD30MO for $42.78 including shipping from Tactical-Store.com.

Should be here in a week.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got an email from www.tactical-store.com that the sight is on back-order with a delay of 1-2 weeks. It's worth the wait. I've noticed that almost everywhere else they are out of stock.

You might try Amazon.com.

Good luck and Happy Birthday!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.