Got the ATI installed...

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by elricfate, Jan 6, 2008.

1. elricfate

elricfate Guest

The new ATI stock with tactical butt pad, new milled trigger, my CRKT M16-10KZ, and my Rayovac 3 watt Luxeon Nuwai torch
    [​IMG]

The same, just closer.
    [​IMG]

My carbine and my EDC tools, Bersa Thunder 380CC and extra mag
    [​IMG]

Just my Bersa Thunder 380CC, extra mag, and EDC tools
    [​IMG]

2. ChrisP

ChrisP Guest

Any problems with the install?

3. elricfate

elricfate Guest

Lots. It took me three and a half hours to work out all the issues with the bolt binding against the stock.

Just took a dremel and patience to figure out where the stress was so I could relieve it. It's apparently not normal to have that many problems installing it.

4. Langford

Langford Guest

Mine took a bit of time with a file, and a buddy of mine needs me to help him get his finished up too...so its more common than you may think.

Looks damn good though!

5. Nice pics man. Good looking gun.
    Oh BTW, how do you like that Sportsman Extreme Light?
    I've had one for a few months and it works great IMHO.

6. Job well done! Let us know how she handles out doors.

7. elricfate

elricfate Guest

Honestly, it's one of the best Luxeons I've owned. That's why it's my everyday carry light now. The Anodized II aluminum isn't as rugged as I'd love it to be... but I don't know when I'll be driving a tank over it to destroy it. So it works for me

8. elricfate

elricfate Guest

I'll be taking her to Delphos Ohio to shoot in an all day shoot on Jan 26th. I can't wait to take her through the paces.

9. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    I have to bring mine up to my girlfriend's this weekend.
    She lives out in the boonies so we can (legally) shoot it a few times.
    I am sure that when she gets her's next week I am going to have to do this conversion all over again :)

PS: How do you like that CRKT? I was at wallyworld buying ammo tonight and saw they had one. I wasn't a huge fan of the AutoLawk (I think that's what they call it/how they spell it). I am opening and closing my folder all day at work & the closing operation felt like a PITA. Of course, I could just be really lazy. :)

10. elricfate

elricfate Guest

I actually wasn't a fan of it either, but it's honestly no different than any other center retention folder I've ever had. The only thing is the addition of the auto-lawks system knob that gives it a positive lock (I know it's locked and won't move when I hear that click)

But now that I've had it awhile, I couldn't imagine using anything else as my EDC knife.