Gotta new .40 JCP owner!

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Tracker, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Tracker

Tracker Member

Couldn't afford $400 to $600 for a pistol. So I got the H-point,Hope I made a good decision. Nice forum you have. Seems like a wealth of information to be had here.
    I do have one question right off the bat. Does there seem to be a certain brand or type of ammo that works best in the .40cal ?
    Once again,Sweet place ya'll have here.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
    Lotsa knowledge here, some better then others lol.
    Before doing anything stupid check and get out approval first.
    As far as ammo?
    The cheapest you can find is a good start.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Can we seriously just make a sticky posts that ssys "no there is no best ammo. It all varies on your particular gun".?????

4. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I'd hit Amazon and look for a kydex holster. I prefer them, theyre pretty good for holding onto the gun and still offering a clean draw.

Buy some quality hollow point. Doesnt have to be a certain brand and you dont need to spend a bunch on it.

The High Point eats pretty much ANYTHING. Theyre big, clunky and heavy BUT they work.

5. Tracker

Tracker Member

Sorry Talon,Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Thanks for the welcome ya'll.

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its just a question asked every day. And one that can't be given an actual answer.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What he means to say is the following:

Difficult question to answer as a gun is a piece of machinery and no two guns are exactly 100% alike.
    Ammo is also not 100% alike, even the same brand from the same manufacturer.
    Both ammo and gun are assembled to be within certain specifications. It's therefore very well possible that a particular brand of ammo which is close to its tolerances doesn't work very well in a gun that might be close to its tolerances.
    Winchester White Box is their lowest tier ammo and notorious for being all over the place as their specs are concerned.
    A little reading for you:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=sem...+issues&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

* at least that's what my TalonTranslator came up with *

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

That's exactly what i said. Duh. ;)

9. Tracker

Tracker Member

OK guys, I understand. :)
    It's just that I've heard this and that about ammo for this weapon and figured if anyone would know,A bunch of guys that own them would. I guess the best place to start is with a fairly cheap round and work up from there. Thanks fellas.

10. The best ammo for it is anything that has a primer, a case, and preferably some form of projectile.

But seriously, most Hi-Points in my experience will eat anything. I have a JHP and C9, and I have yet to encounter an ammo, no matter how low or high quality, that won't function. My advice to you is go out to the range, try a few boxes of whatever they got on the shelf, and see what you like best. Hi-Points are like people; they all have different personalities, you just gotta make friends with yours and see what clicks.

Welcome aboard!

11. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I love Federal ammo. Cheap and reliable. I haven't had a single failure any time I have used it. They now make a aluminum cased ammo available at WalMart. About $5 cheaper per box than brass. Should be $15 for the 40S&W.

I love my JCP and I miss it...but I traded for a rifle that I have already shot more than I did the JCP...just because I don't get to pistol ranges as often as I do rifle ranges.

But, yeah, I tired a couple different cheap brands of ammo in my C9 and have never had an issue. I put one box of Federal American Eagle through the JCP and that ran fine too

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Get a glock lol.

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

And a fedora. Nothing makes a person cooler than Glocks and fedoras.

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

And big clown shoes to ;-)

15. Rerun

Rerun Member

Howdy!

Welcome to the Best Forum on the Internet!

I bought my C9 used for a little bit of money. It came with 175 rounds of 9mm ammunition (Winchester White Box and Federal).

The fellow sold it to me because he had issues getting it to fire the WWB ammo.

The C9 digested the Federal ammo with no problems but, the WWB continues to give the C9 problems to this day.

I have fired more than 5400 rounds through my C9 - Monarch, Federal, Tulammo, S&B, even some Wolf - and it functions flawlessly.

Feed it WWB - FTF's and FTE's.

You just have to try different brands in YOUR pistol and see what works best..

Maybe, You'll get a lemon and it'll shoot everything! :D

Helpful eldar