Gray framed CF 380 I have questions.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by chevy-schultz, Jan 15, 2015.

1. chevy-schultz

chevy-schultz Member

Hi, Just got a cf 380. Is there a way to tell how old it is? I have 4 HP mags for this gun and none of them holds the slide back on the last round, I don't think it is suppose to. but what I can find on HP's webpage is that all HP firearms are designed to hold the slide back on the last round, I also noticed that it has a fixed rear sight instead of a adjustable one and has no magazine safety. Any help with info on this would be very well appreciated, Thanx

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Greys were the first 380s they made. The last one I ripped apart had a LRHO.

3. TopGas

TopGas Member

I would imagine that a quick call to Beemiller in Ohio (aka MOM) just may get you the "born on" info.
    RE: your other questions, I could make some guesses but you'll have to wait for others to reply with "facts";). Failure of the LRHO could be a broken part issue. The fixed rear sight may be an after market addition. I put a Mahan adjustable sight on my C-9. The magazine safety is easily disabled and may have been done by the previous owner. A trip back to the factory may be in order if others here on the forum can't set things straight for you. TG

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Hi-Point fixed sight.

Attached Files: