Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got rained out last time so how about we give it another try.

CoyoteUGLY and I have discussed throwing a get together and meeting at the range that the Izaac Walton League keeps near Peosta (just West of Dubuque, in the burbs). We were talking about Oct. 31st. Let us know if you are interested, or if the date isn't good there are other possibilities; Oct. 24-25th, or maybe Nov. 1st?

What say you?

We are trying to focus on getting a group together from Iowa, Northern Illinois, and Southern Wisconsin, but all are welcome.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
I got a little excited when I read Great Lakes Area.. but I am on the OTHER side of the great lake... so n/m..

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
We haven't put a lot of details together yet, but prolly grab a bite & then shoot-up the range... our range time will be at Izaac Walton League, Dubuque Chapter.

google map the address: 11001 Thunder Hills Road, Peosta, IA 52068 (easy to get to, but 1.5 miles off HWY 20, all paved)

My house is bout 1 mile over the hill.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
I got a little excited when I read Great Lakes Area.. but I am on the OTHER side of the great lake... so n/m..
Same here. We need to get a Michigan Chapter meeting together. Anyone in the Michigan mid state area got room? I know we're getting into Deer Season so that makes it a bit harder.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Oct 31 being the slated date, maybe it'd be fun to come dressed as your favorite gun-slinger?

I'm pretty sure Dirty Harry used a JHP, and Blondie (the Good guy amongst Bad & Ugly) carried a C9... (humor me, I'm not a big movie guy)

·
514 Posts
I'm up in La Crosse WI and would love to make it, but I'm gone ar a conference then... :-(

Cheers,
Kyu

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
sorry to hear that kyu :cantlook:

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I had a nice trip today - fell down, go boom! I'm ok though, just a BUMP!

·
Premium Supporter
954 Posts
I hope to make it. I will be Bow hunting deer just a few miles from that Izaac Walton League. So maybe I will just throw a few firearms in the truck and show up straight out of the treestand.
What will we be shooting that day? Just HP's or any specific cal or type firearm?

JB

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope to make it. I will be Bow hunting deer just a few miles from that Izaac Walton League. So maybe I will just throw a few firearms in the truck and show up straight out of the treestand.
What will we be shooting that day? Just HP's or any specific cal or type firearm?

JB
Any and all brands of firearms are welcome.

We have not set a time in stone yet.

Hey CoyoteUGLY, how about 1:00 pm?

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
1pm sounds good to me.

Are we gonna grab a bite first?

JB introduced himself via PM, turns out he drives past my house to get to his treestand.

I'm all for bringing whatever a body wants to shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I'm pretty open to eating establishments.

There's a little bar in Peosta, a few minutes from where we'll shoot. Called "trackside", supposed to be known for their burgers & BBQ. The guy is constantly BBQing a pig in the parking lot.

or Dbq isn't far away, all the main franchises available, or some nice bars & burgers downtown...

Or maybe JB will have his deer by then...

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
very close.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
FYI, 911JB is a local Dubuquer too, maybe he can put his two cents in as to where to meet... he's been around here longer than I have.

You're on JB... give us your insight.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
JB PMed & said...

If you are talking about eating at that little bar just across the tracks, on the west side of the road, that would be a good/close place. I have eaten there a few afternoons when working in that area. They always had decent food.
So looks like Trackside is the place if none are opposed...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.