Greetings from Eastern Pa.

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by hdjohn, May 29, 2015.

1. hdjohn

hdjohn Member

Gents,

Just joined and purchased my first 4095 in .40 a few days ago. Lots to learn and glad to be here.

John

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the asylum. Lots of info around here.

3. hdjohn

hdjohn Member

Thanks much, appreciate it.

4. histed

histed Supporting Member

Hey hd - welcome to the monster club. Hi Points are known to multiply at a very rapid rate, so great care should be used in encourging the madness found here. If'n ya don't mind - how far east? I'm just north of the capital, but grew up near Altoona

5. Rerun

Rerun Member

Welcome to the Best Forum on the internet!

Don't be afraid to ask questions!

eldar

6. How far north? I'm 40 miles up 11/15 from Harrisburg. Around the Selinsgrove area.

7. Rachgier

I'm a couple of hours north of you near Binghamton.

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

I'm about thirty hours drive SSW of Youse guys!

eldar

9. Rachgier

For now..... :hyper:

10. Me an a buddy have been talking about road tripping to TX for a steak. Drive straight through, get a room, have a steak and couple of beers, good nights sleep then back to PA, all in one three day weekend. Of course the wives think we're crazy...

All I can say is Texas has the prettiest girls in the Union.

11. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Greetings from NW PA, about as far away as possible while still being in PA

You'll love the Hi Point, and this place will probably grow on you too

12. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Fungus will do that. :rofl:

13. hdjohn

hdjohn Member

Right outside of Quakertown, 45 miles North of Philly.

14. When I was stationed in San Diego two of u rented a Cessna 150 to fly to Pam Springs and get coffee. Most expensive coffee I ever had! :rofl:

15. Rerun

Rerun Member

Until recently, a friend of mine owned a Mooney ERCO twin seater and would invite me to fly with him to Austin to go to a hamburger joint he loved to go to. The joint had pretty decent burgers, wings, jumbo fries, and chicken to die for. The name escapes me right now.

This jaunt cost about $250 round trip just to eat $15 burgers but, it made him happy and I liked the flights as I don't have a pilot's license.

Sure gonna miss the flying...

eldar

16. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Welcome HD, looking to move a little west of you at the moment (still stuck in Philly, for now).

Great bunch of guys (mostly), a true microcosm of society. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks, hope you enjoy your stay.

17. Rerun

Rerun Member

I lived in Chalfont, PA, a little town in Bucks County. I used to commute by rail to downtown Philly, then ride the subway to the end of the South line, then bus to the Philadelphia Navy Base and walk to the Building where I worked doing Data Processing for PRC-ISC.

I miss PA sometimes...

eldar

18. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

My wife still works in the city and takes the train in, we live about as far north as you can be in Philly without heading into Bensalem. I sometimes work down at the PES refinery (old sunoco) right next to the Navy yard, know the area well!!

I work out by Exton/Morgantown in Berks county and the ride is killing me. Trying to find something out that way but still close enough my wife can still take the train in.

I really do like PA, its all I have known my adult life. Not sure if I would ever move unless this state went the way of NJ or NY...

19. Give it time, they're working on it. We've got the best politicians money can buy.

20. Better be hungry! ;)
    http://bigtexan.com/