Grendel P10 .380

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Dagwood, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I just saw this at my LGS. I should of bought it just for the cool factor. On sale too. My wife would kill me if I came home with another gun right now. Not sure why the pic is facing that way, but I'm on my phone, I can't fix it.

Attached Files:

2. Kiln

Kiln Member

Yeah, that'd be one of Kellgren's (Of Kel Tec) earlier designs when his company's name was Grendel. The later models of the same gun did away with the fixed internal magazine in favor of removable mags, the release was a heel release if I remember correctly.

You can clearly see the similarities between it and the Kel Tec P11. The Kel Tec PMR30 is also a descendent of the Grendel P30, which also had a carbine version.

I'm a Kellgren fanatic and credit him for revolutionizing carry guns. Practically every tiny DAO carry gun that is being built right now stems from his designs.

3. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    Be glad you didn't buy it. The Grendel P10 and P12 had a flaw in the design. They used a clock spring as a hammer spring that failed constantly. I had a P12, it broke 3 hammer springs in under 200 rounds fired.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Is there a good replacement spring for that "grendel"?

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Maybe Wolff spring?

6. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

If I were to have bought it, it would have been for the sheer collectibilty and cool factor more than anything else.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Knock 'em down to one-fiddy...;)

8. undeRGRound

INDY
    Soitenly, Mr. ATI-OMNI Hybrid! :p

:rofl:

9. undeRGRound

INDY

Attached Files:

10. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    Their wasn't any aftermarket replacement springs Available when I had my p12. And the back stock of original springs has dried up as well. I ended up trading that gun in at a local gun store that knew the problems that these guns had.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Don't tell her. They're kinda collectible to KT fans. Still worth carrying and shooting. In size they're basically a P10 in .380ACP.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015