grip scope mount on a JHP/JCP? ¿Nevah been done before?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by wganz, Oct 21, 2014.

1. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Am working some heckasish hours to get a few things done before Christmas and haven't had time to shoot my JHP :( but have some time at night to think about it. Was reading/seeing the reports of incredible accuracy due to the fixed barrel. Plus, the now infamous spoof video of 'Assailant Arms' and their $4300.00 C9 sporting an AimPoint sight. Got the mental gears going(having some pain killers on board helps with the hallucinations ;) )

Has anyone adapted what Brownell's calls '1911 AUTO GRIP SCOPE MOUNT' to a Hi-Point? Hear are pix of this mount and it with a scope on a 1911:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the words of my nieces, "Is Unc Wganz Kra Kra?" and needs to put down the pain meds; or, worth a shot to see if it can be modded to fit?

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Grips aren't flat and only one screw to mount to.

3. Not mine found these pics about a month ago

Attached Files:

4. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Cool

That is cool - but I have to ask: where does the empty shell casing go?

5. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

From what I'm seeing, the slide is back past the mount when the empty cartridge ejects so it is clear.

6. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Valid points that need to be addressed

1) The scope mount goes under the grips against the frame.

2) A second screw will be required below the existing grip screw. Possibly another hole in the scope mount to match a convenient place on the JHP/JCP frame for that second screw.

7. cicpup

Vermont
    Actually mount is on opposite side of ejection port. But his joke was about the casing used to prop it up.

8. cicpup

Vermont
    Not on a Hi-Point it won't. Unlike a 1911 where the grips are a pretty decoration, a HP's grip design is extremely important to it's function.

9. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

My head is loopy from the pain pill mess.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that it is on the right side of the pistol which is the same side as the ejection port.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added in response to cicpup's reponse at #10. It appears that the JHP/JCP is also on the 'right' side of the frame.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  10. cicpup

Vermont
    I was talking about the HP.

11. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Hopefully that surgical incision won't be on fire tomorrow night and I have a clearer head then to look at all this.
    I'll look at it then and give others a chance to look to see if "Unc Wganz is Kra Kra!" or not.

Peace out,

12. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Interesting to say the least.

13. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

There is the #36 spring that due to a lack of better description, I'll call the magazine release return spring that will need some sort of hack to make the magazine release work.

[​IMG]

14. cicpup

Vermont
    Got it all figured out eh? Sear cam and trigger bar need to be kept in perfect alignment too.

15. The UM Tactical UM3 Pistol Sight Mount will *probably* work on a JHP/JCP. http://www.umtactical.com/
    My local gun shop carries these; they aren't cheap (which is why I don't own one :D )

16. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

$90 from Brownells vs. taking a rasp to work on JHP which is a one way street type of modification. May be well worth it for this project to see what kind of accuracy you can get out of one.

17. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Should I take advantage of the special on Tasco Red Dots that gallogj found and mate up just to see what happens. ;)

18. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just ordered the mount & scope.

If I thought the numbers on the price tag was the true indicator of whether something worked, I wouldn't have a HP JHP, a C9 ordered, and bidding on yet another C9 to go with that pile of Glocks in the safe.