Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeppy . that it . same one fits the .40 and the .45 since they are pretty much the same gun.
i have one on my .40. took a lil time to get it to slide all the way on and get it were i wanted it.
but she's on there, and it feels good. makes a big difference. get a better grip on the gun know.
you want the hogue hand all 17000(bk) or 17001(od)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I picked up on a previous post and used Performix Plasti-Dip Black Rubber Spray-on. I put 4 coats (as recommended) on the grips of both my CF380 and JCP40 and WOW...not only do they look like OEM, but they are really great for non-slip. Takes away that "add-on" look I don't like with slip-ons too. About 6 bucks a can at Lowe's and should do at least 4 guns. I still have to do my new C-9 that still resides in the factory plastic sleeve in a drawer...but will get around to it one of these day's when I finally decide to shoot it.

Can't do my 995 as I have an ATI stock on it...but for all HP pistols it works great. Well, maybe not for my new JHP factory camo 45 that's due in this week, but for every thing else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok, here is a photo of my JCP40 on the left with the rubber spray on the grips and my NIB C-9 with stock grips. Hard to "see" the difference except the rubber is somewhat duller or flat looking. The C-9 still shows some of the OEM plastic texture, while the spray rubber fills in this texture and provides a no-slip grip overall. May not look that much different, but in your hand you can really feel it.

If you do this, remove the grips and balance them on a post of some sort, like small medicine bottle, or tube or whatever doesn't stick out beyond the grips edges. First clean with alcohol, let dry completely then with clean fingers (no skin oil) place each grip on the tube, post, whatever, then following can directions, spray a light but COMPLETE coat on all surfaces and edges but not dripping or puddling, so it looks very shiny overall, and let dry at least 30 minutes. Then repeat the procedure 3 more times for a total of 4 coats. Let sit 24 hours before handling and remounting on gun. Piece of cake..... I have no idea about durability as my 40 has had the rubber for about 3 months. BUT, it is my bedside gun so it gets almost no handling at all. Now, I also used the rubber on my carry gun, my CF380 and I have noticed absolutely no wear or abrasions, so I think it is tough stuff. Nice thing though, is that you can remove the rubber by peeling off with a little solvent. At Lowe's - Performix Plasti-Dip, about 7 bucks, enough for 4 guns. Good Luck

·
Smaug
80 Posts
Grip question

I have a HP 45JHP. the grip is fairly hefty if your hands are smallish (like mine): maybe a medium at most. So, how thick are these slip on grips? Will it add significantly to the width of the grip? Also, do you'all find that the grips the HP 45 comes with get too slippery for you? I haven't fired mine enough: cost and availability of ammo, to have noticed. Some of the wood grips really sparkle up the HP, but how slip resistant are they? Thanks as always for the feedback.

·
meandmy45
174 Posts
Option:

Do what I done to mine, Traction Grips, very cheap, removable, very nice:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Traction Grips? Where might I enquire about those? I have a new JHP myself, and right away, I noticed that the plastic factory grips can be slippery to hold on to. Those look great on that pistol!

·
No longer broke...
21,914 Posts
It's DIY
Stapled grips, look it up online.
Something else you can try is a slop in rubber grip
Tennis racket grip tape has allegedly also been successful.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have Stippled probably 100 or more of my guns...take your time, it's not as easy as people think if you care about it looking good.

·
Hey! Get Off My Lawn!
3,613 Posts
How'd you do that lined texture on the front strap?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Tenderfoot
757 Posts
Option:

Do what I done to mine, Traction Grips, very cheap, removable, very nice:
*pics here*
THAT, is sick... I might even just replace my hogue on MY JHP45 with those... How "grippy" are they though? Do they stick nice like a hogue or similar grips? I'm definitely ordering some for my SCCY at $10 shipped! :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know, if these kits come specifically with a part number to a Hi-Point JHP .45acp ? Or are these sticker grips something you would cut out from a sheet? I have not had any luck finding these part/order numbers.

I'm interested in trying some out for my new JHP, although I did not get around to checking my local hunting and fishing supply store.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.