Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while my 995TS was on the way I picked up a Tasco red/green dod from wally-world, in retrospect this was a bad idea. Upon recoil it would get bright and dim then eventually die out. I tried a new battery, cleaned contacts for the battery, no go. It's going back. I Then put the irons back on...OH WOW! I cannot the the front sight low enough and/or the rear sight high enough. I verified that the bore-sight was not off with a few rounds. What could be this deal?

I plan on another red dot as posted here: http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,20573.0.html

BUT one may want to note that the one posted is actually a model 7247 and not 7425, the "25" is a 40MM model from what I have researched.

What's driving me nuts is the stocks sights thing, I cannot figure out for the life of me how I screwed this one up, I'm gonna check my mounting tomorrow to makesure I did not pull a no-brainer...

Any tidbits of advice would be appreciated.

Chad

·
Registered
44 Posts
When the power comes on and off it usually has to do with the battery contacts. If you carefully bend the spring out a little and more force will be placed on the battery.

The Knous PA T-1 Rd sight is excellent and you will love it. Konus USA has excellent customer service. Don't over torque the 1/2" hex nut on the mount.

GC

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's farther down int he assembly ;) I took a little time to explore it last night..... the workmanship is poor internally ont he electronics end.

Even after re-working it the issue came back, I have enough time in it to give up, after-all it is going to be the sight on A FIREARM :yes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just re-checked the install of my factory irons and they are kosher, front sight all the way down cannot sight it in, the fine adjustment thread will pop out of the threads before it gets to where it needs to be. It's almost like the whole rear sight assembly needs to be up off of the rail a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Knous PA T-1 Rd sight is excellent and you will love it. Konus USA has excellent customer service.

GC
WOOT! No Doubt! That dot is WA-HAY better then the dang Tasco. Don't even waste your time going to wally world, this thing is built like a brick outhouse, sights right in, mounts up nice, clear as a bell. I like the smaller aperture too, easier to center it.

Thanks for posting up yours and helping me make that decision!

·
Registered
44 Posts
WOOT! No Doubt! That dot is WA-HAY better then the dang Tasco. Don't even waste your time going to wally world, this thing is built like a brick outhouse, sights right in, mounts up nice, clear as a bell. I like the smaller aperture too, easier to center it. Thanks for posting up yours and helping me make that decision!
It's worth it to spend a little extra and get a good quality RD sight. I have a Konus micro T-1 sight on one of my AKs and it has done well, no problems. They are well made.

I decided to do away with the factory sight on my 995TS and replace it with a Konus 1-4x24 illuminated dot close quarter mid range scope. It's a do all optic. This setup cost as much as the rifle. I also decided to lose the rail under the barrel and I free floated the barrel.

GC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts