Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
VERY hard ot find but they are on gunbroker if you want to pay an inflated price. i was jonesing for one bad until i actually got to handle and play with one a bit. almost all plastic except the breech parts and barrel. feels very flimsy to me. id suggest finding one in a shop and handling it before you buy. that said many people love them as a hi cap alternative to the 10/22.

SW

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VERY hard ot find but they are on gunbroker if you want to pay an inflated price. i was jonesing for one bad until i actually got to handle and play with one a bit. almost all plastic except the breech parts and barrel. feels very flimsy to me. id suggest finding one in a shop and handling it before you buy. that said many people love them as a hi cap alternative to the 10/22.

SW
i think that i would be ok with the "flimsy" part, i don't shoot a lot, and don't put my guns through much abuse. the price is the thing that i am worried about. hopefully i can get a hold of one to handle it. i have a new quest....

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I picked one up about 2 months ago and love it. I've put about 700 rounds through it and no problems at all. I picked mine up new at a local pawn shop for 525 with 2 mags. You will want at least 3 or 4 of the 22 round mags. I've done a little customizing on mine. I think that next might be getting an SBR stamp and cut the barrel down for a real suppressor. I don't think any part is "flimsy", but I do see how you could feel that way. A good friend has the pistol version and I know he has run 4 of the 525 round bulk packs through his. These rifles do very well with the Remington Golden Bullet bulk ammo and are quite accurate with Remington target ammo.

Ron M.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked one up about 2 months ago and love it. I've put about 400 rounds through it and no problems at all. I picked mine up new at a local pawn shop for 525 with 2 mags. You will want at least 3 or 4 of the 22 round mags. I've done a little customizing on mine. I think that next might be getting an SBR stamp and cut the barrel down for a real suppressor.

Ron M.
thanks Ron. did you just luck out finding it, or did you do some real hunting to find it?

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
A bit of each, I was looking for one at another shop and they told that the pawn shop I bought it from often stocks them. I had planned to buy a Romak-3 . I ended up with the GSG-5 and I put the Romak-3 on layaway. I've been by Northwest Pawn twice in the last 3 weeks they had one in for a few days. You can find them in the Houston area but prices go from 525 to 700 or more.

Ron M.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone know if there is anything comparable in the same caliber? like another .22 carbine that doesn't cost so much?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Ive been looking for one since October....I saw a GSG-5P at Gander for $325 in Janurary. And I am still kicking myself in the dick for not buying it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The only plastic parts of the gun are the stock, handguards, and lower receiver that houses the fire control group...

Gun is fun, for sure...lots of people ogle it at the range...

As long as you keep it clean (CLP on the bolt, brush on the breech face and a boresnake down the barrel works fine) she'll run like a Swiss watch...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
anybody had any experience with this gun? i just discovered it last night and i want one. are they hard to find?
I was pining for one for quite a while but none could be found. Walked into my gun shop one day and decided to poke around while I was waiting. Was looking through the "assault weapons" rack and there she was...just chillin'. After I poked the owner in the ribs about not calling me on it when he got it in, he said that some guy had traded it in that morning. Bought it months earlier, never shot it and just decided not to keep it. He sold it to me for $470.00, essentially brand new.

Before I brought it to the range, I did just a couple mods. Rubber slip-on grip sleeve, an airsoft tactical handguard (modification required) and the vertical grip.

I brought both my AK and the GSG-5 to the range with me. Fired the GSG first, obviously--I was psyched :tongue2: Let me tell you...I had more fun with the GSG than I did my AK. She was practically on target at 50 yards out of the box, not a single hiccup and I think I must've thrown about 200 rounds threw her. You forget--quickly--that she's a .22 because she's so much fun to shoot.

In response to being flimsy, I really don't agree. It's actually a surprisingly heavy rifle. And yes...people do stop to look. Some guy and hig g/f were leaving the range as I was holding it up to insert a mag and chamber a round. They pulled off to the side of the gravel driveway until I was done shooting :tongue2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts