GSG 522 at Field & Stream for $149

Discussion in 'Non Hi-Point Classifieds' started by tallbump, Jun 7, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Not a a bad deal. If I didn't have the M&P I would probably sell something to get one. Heck, I'm still tempted too. I really have a soft spot for cool .22s

http://fieldandstreamshop.com/home/main/circular/

I had checked one out there before I got the M&P. Yes, it feels plasticy. But it's a cool gun. And for $150......

If I could get enough out of my Iver Johnson, I probably would do it.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Yet.....it's still a .22lr......

3. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Ive hadvsome pretty awesome ones a gsg being one of em. I dont know if its what there doing with ammo thes days or the rifleing or what but the tacticool 22s there comin out with lately seem a bit more powerful then i remember the old granpas ever being. gotta be 100 sure about what your hitting behind what your shootoing my last gsg went through both sides of an old tool box then whent throgh both sides of shed an then thrpugh a wheel barrel. And all thecwhile goin through a roll of aluminum trim coil in the shed

4. lsi1

lsi1 Member

not only fun but it can be a stepping stone to something better. I bought a M&P 15/22 last summer and put money on a 15 sport this year.

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Dang! Thats 702 Plinkster prices for something that has a lot more "cool Factor". And lets not knock the ".22's". Its still the most affordable plinking you can do. Regardless of what other guns I take to the range, I always take a .22. That way when I run out of the "good stuff" in about 20 min's, I can still shoot awhile.

6. tallbump

Yup, I love me some .22s. I do want a big boy AR, or even a HP carbine....

But there's just something about plinking away with a .22

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

may have to call ahead of time on saturday and see if they still have any in stock at the closest F&S store in Easton.

I've always liked those GSG 5-22s

8. tallbump

Ooo. Let me know if you get one.

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

A .22 thru a toolbox, then into a shed, thru a roll of aluminum, out the other side of the shed, then thru a wheelbarrow huh? That must have been one really thin aluminum inside a completely dry rotted shed and one severely rusted wheelbarrow.

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Ever down this way, I'll let ya shoot it

11. tallbump

I might have to make the trip :D

12. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Ill show you [​IMG]

13. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Thatcwas the coil heres frontvof shed noyhin fancy just vinyl over 1/2inch decking[​IMG]

And into this plastichusky job box [​IMG]
    And out of jobbox

14. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

And then out back of shed[​IMG]
    And stoping at the wheel barrow

15. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

[​IMG] now yes the box was plastic the shed is just vinyl over half inch and its just alluminum trim coil maybe a half roll but i was pretty dam impressed with the old winchester super x thats a badass 22lr round

16. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Hell ide post a video walk through if i could but its not that deep and im not tech savvy enough too

17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I had a GSG AK 22lr... very inaccurate, sure it was fun but I want to be able to hit a squirrel head at 50 yards!

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

And everyone thought I needed a dragon ;-)

19. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

sion

There are several versions of this gun. This one on sale is the light weight, similar to the Mossberg 715T. The SD version is about 2 lbs heavier & about $200 more.

http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php/en/522-tech-en

20. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

I have a rock island ak 22 and it very very accurateive only shot at targets at up to about 50 yards but thats weird youd think the 522 and the ak22 would have the same rifleing being there made by same company becuase my old gsg was sick in terms of accuracy it was dead on everytime.