Guards... "bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do...&quot

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I'm a security guard at a "satellite" college campus. My job is simple enough. I have an office, a car, a radio, a cell phone, and real police officers at the main campus if i need assistance. I'm not a cop, but i do bust people from time to time... Such as the guy i'm going to tell you about today.

My shift started at 3:45 as usual, and i relieved my 1st shift counterparts. I grabbed the radio, cell phone, and master keys and headed out of my office to do my 1st interior round. It didn't take long, and i found myself in one of the Admin's offices making small talk with her. As I'm speaking to her i look through her window and see a silver Lexus sedan parked "crooked'r" than all get out. As this is the first 2 weeks of classes, there are to be no tickets for parking. So i tell the Admin i'm going to have them park it straight, and out the door i went.

As i approached the car i see a black male subject sitting in the passenger seat, with his head down, as if he was reading a book. I walk up to the driver's side of the vehicle, lean down to speak to him, and i observe him putting marijuana in a cigar's outer shell. He's rolling a blunt! I ask him if he could park the car straight, and he looked at me with those DEER IN THE HEADLIGHT eyes and replied "Yeah, sure" while he fisted the blunt. I said "Thanks", and walked back inside the building. I radio'd my police counterparts at the main campus and they were in route to me.

Instead of parking the vehicle correctly, he leaves. I don't have a tag # at this point, because i didn't want to spook him again by trying to get it. So i radio back and cancel the officer. 10 minutes later, the fellow shows back up with a little 6 year old girl in the backseat. He again parks crooked, taking up 2 spaces. I radio for the unit to come on, he's back, with a child. I drive by him in my POV(10% window tint), and radio in his plate number.

The officer arrives promptly and i fill him in on where the subject is located. The officer blocked his vehicle in it's space, we exited out vehicles and approach the man. The man in the car immediatly started fumbling in the ash tray, and the officer quickly spotted an open beer bottle, and he was ordered out of the vehicle, NOW. As this being an educational facility, this is a BIG no-no. So we have the guy spread eagle against the car, and the man can't stand up he's so plastered. While the officer is patting him down, and i'm talking to the little 6year old girl in the backseat. She was so scared that the policeman was patting this man down and into cuffs. She later told us (when the subject was in the back of the police car) that she wasn't scared of US, but scared of the SUBJECT, because was doing things he wasn't supposed to be doing, and she didn't like him being around. She called he was "Mean".

The officer searches the vehicle and finds rolling papers, 1 full beer, 1 almost empty beer, and a large McDonald's cup full of beer. No marijuana, but the car smelt of marijuana something horrible. The officer arrested the subject for child endangerment, open container, drunk in public, driving without a license, having 2 ID's, and being intoxicated on school property... per the officer if convicted on just the child endangerment, he's looking at 10 years with his criminal record.

So, I wear black slacks, black jacket, and white shirt. If i was wearing one of the Hi-Vis jackets they are getting for us guards, we would be seen from a mile away, and it would be impossible to "walk up" on something of this proportion.

It's not just the cops who catch the bad guy, the guard does too!

PS: The good guard is watching you, but the Master Guard is watching you without you knowing it.

2. nicely done. Good to hear that you got a little girl out of a bad situation and a bg off the streets.

3. Strangerous, well done my friend! You possibly saved not just one, but two lives tonight!

4. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

Re: Guards... "bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do...&

Lol! Campus Ninja! :lol:

Hey just messing with you. Good job getting the guy. Do you know the relationship of the kid to the guy?

5. nicely done! ............now it may be time to speak with your boss about that raise.........lol

6. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Per the child's grandmother who was inside the campus for some reason or another, the man is "a friend of the child's mother's sister" AND THE SCHOOL LET THE MAN PICK HER UP FROM SCHOOL, HE WASN'T ON THE PICKUP LIST!
    thanks guys

and robert, I'm the highest payed guard they have... Just the truth my man.

7. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Good job thanks for making us guards look good. Oh and for the rest of you, in South Carolina, security guards have the arresting powers of a deputy sheriff. Like he said we aint cops but we aint fangless either

8. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I think of myself as having no power, that way I cannot abuse it. ;)

9. elguapo

elguapo Guest

No bueno!

Glad everything turned out the way it did!

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I don't abuse it but I see too many folks come out with "Oh your just a security guard you can't do anything" Till you tell em about the arresting powers.. or the cops do when they haul em away :wink: I try to be more accomidating so it doesn't get to THAT point though [But I get to deal with too many drunks]

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I know what it says on the back of my sled card, I just don't advertise.

12. Isn't that the same guy that saw a slide fly off of a Hi-Point and hit somebody in the head :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and great job taking a bite out of crime