Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was cleaning a room at a friends dealership to remodel it and i found 2 ammo cans, 1 labeled n340 8 fuze pd m739a1 and the was for smoke grenades or a grenade launcher. in one can i found 200 rds. of .223 20rds. of 30-06 and some 12ga. rds., also 3 loose 30-06 rds. ;D

i feel very lucky and does anyone wanna buy 20 30-06 rds.(i have no 30-06 rifle)

also do you need a rifled shotgun barrel to fire rifled 12ga. slugs.

note- i did ask if the ammo was his and he said no and let me have it.

heres some pics.

·
Registered
367 Posts
what do ya want for the 06 ammo?

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Regarding the slugs, "rifled slugs" are meant to be shot from a normal smoothbore shotgun, the "rifling" is cast into the slug on the theory the wind travelling down the grooves will impart a spin to it as it flies downrange. Most folks in the know consider this theory about as valid as the flat earth theory, but the marketing dept. keeps on pushing it. A tight choke is not recommended with these, most slug type unrifled bbls are cylinder bore but a litttle choke usually just ups the recoil level and full ups it a lot. Thin chokes could also split. Rifled slug bbls are really intended for the various sabot type slugs out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.