1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That was awesome stuff!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I like the fact that he played the background stuff, looped it and then played lead off the top of it and recorded it all in one sitting. That was really cool how he did it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Good hands. Guys like this and Buckethead always amazed me.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Good hands. Guys like this and Buckethead always amazed me.
ALL HAIL THE GREAT BUCKETHEAD!!!
Big Sur Moon!!!
Buckethead, the best example of eccentric artists

And of course Buckethead - Jordan live, incredible.

PS: He is one of those guys that should never do studio work he has no need of it and I think it limits his playing because people think the studio version is the way he should play the piece. God what talent. I am jealous as hell but then what guitarist wouldn't be?

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Might be out of whack, but there's another artist who made her way into the scene using loop pedals as well as setting herself up to be a "one-man band" when she was a street performer.

KT Tunstall.

Her new stuff isn't as great as her first album sadly, but she's worth a check.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I'll give him credit. He definitely talented and knows his theory. But even on his best day that dudes got NOTHIN on Jerry and Chet.

I DISAGREE, and you will see why... I call it "Hog Bitch Stomp" by the great Buckethead!!!
At 1:16 some guy comes up who put too much time into his appearance and not enough into his craft... made me appreciate good pickers like Buckethead that much more.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yeah the second guy should have passed on that spot. Kind of like Elvis refusing to follow Roy Orbison.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That buckethead is good. And if you follows his fingers and his scales he's another Merle Travis desciple same as Chet Atkins. He's got more of a straight bluegrass flatpicking thing going on with his rapid picking. He's kind of like a cross between Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed.

Check this out, for those of you that remember Benny Hill.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Steve Vai and the crossroads duel. Enjoy.

Yngwie Malmsteen-Arpeggios From Hell

So many great ones

1 - 17 of 17 Posts