Gun confiscation starts

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by MaryB, Mar 7, 2018.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

And it starts...

A man in Seattle has had his gun confiscated by police after breaking no laws. The police took his gun without a warrant and without pressing any charges. Tyranny has officially taken hold on American soil.

This sets a precedent that government can now forcefully take guns away from an individual without a crime being committed or an arrest being made and without a warrant.

In the name of fear and political exploitation of anti-gun rhetoric, a citizen’s Second Amendment rights have been ripped away from him by the government.

The new “red flag” law, which has taken hold in other states already, allows the courts and law enforcement to take away guns from individuals they deem are dangerous and they’ve just begun the confiscation.

A man living in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington became the first individual in the state to have his firearm confiscated without any formal arrest or charges. The man was not identified by authorities.

Neighbors complained that the man had been “staring” at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm.

He was not brandishing his weapon by any account, and open carrying is legal in the area, so he was abiding by the law.

read more...

http://thewashingtonstandard.com/se...scation-no-laws-broken-no-warrant-no-charges/

MichaelS likes this.
  2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Not new at all. There are many cases of people having their firearms taken by police with no legal justification. Very often getting them back is an exercise in interminable frustration ranging from impossible to "that only took 2 years."

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. One of my first SNS pistols came into my possession due to a confiscation. The gun, which was NIB, came with a label from a local PD. I was thinking "crime gun", but nope; not that kind of crime.

The story I was told was that an elderly gent was getting assistance from a home health aide service. The worker when to the closet to get some linens, and discovered a "cache" of firearms. The worker "didn't feel safe" and called the PD, who came into the house and made a determination the old guy wasn't in any condition to have firearms in his own home. Presto, instant confiscation.

The PD held the guy's guns for a period of time, and then the old guy passed away leaving no heirs. The confiscated guns were declared surplus and were swapped for ammo with the gun shop.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Wish I could say I was surprised. :(

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I think it's partly firearm control hysteria. This past mass shooting may tip the scales to anti-gunners. Plus we need to take in consideration, thousands, maybe millions of Conservatives are not gun people or even gun owners, and may turn in favor of stricter gun control.

Hipointer and DIRSUPop like this.
  6. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Magic word in this case is probable cause and did they have it? Looking in windows isn't a crime. If open carry is allowed, that isn't a crime either. I can feel threatened by a man but the question becomes why did I feel threatened.
    Two separate cases here. One. A man goes into a auto shop and buys a tire iron. He comes out, holding it out at his side. Man walks down the street but does nothing with it except carry it. While definitely an attention getter, unless outlawed, there's nothing to say I can't walk down the street doing that.
    Same man walks in, but the same tire iron. Walks out and starts beating up bikes, power poles, cars, makes advances towards people, and is uttering oaths. Little stronger on the threat level, and it might be safe to say we need to look at this guy and maybe hold onto the tire iron. After all, he is making a threatening gesture.
    Unless there's some circumstances we know nothing about, I don't think probable cause was met. I agree, just hysteria. Of course if I was the guy, I think I'd be suing the you know what out of someone.

7. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    According to Trumpie it is all 'due process' !o_O

8. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Seattle, nuff said. I do not like The Left Coast. It's not bad enough that they ruined Kalifornia, like locust, the Hippies have to go and mess up other locations.

BUILD THE WALL, from Kali to Washington.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  9. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

MY GOD, he was carrying the deadly .25 auto...AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AL GORE, save US

yworrydog, Tom78 and 345Sire like this.
  10. I fled California to avoid gun confiscation from happening to me. There was someone I knew who still lived there. His crazy ex-wife called the cops on him because he had a semi automatic rifle with a 30 round magazine. They confiscated it from him. He is blessed that they did not put him in prison there.

I am doing my best to avoid living in any place in the United States that infringes the 2nd Amendment.

missiledefender likes this.
  11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    If you find such a place let the rest of us know!!

12. 345Sire

345Sire Member

.25 scary black ASSAULT PISTOL? Did it have a 50 round drum magazine?
    Jeeze, what's next?:headbang:

Pistolkitty and missiledefender like this.
  13. 345Sire

345Sire Member

What he said!

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    What would qualify as such a place? Permitless open & conceal carry for all residents & non-residents from the age of 16? Allowed to own & possess any firearm & accessory currently allowed Federally. Law enforcement has stated they will not enforce an AWB that violates the Constitution? Private face to face sales of long guns & handguns? Not required to report lost or stolen firearms? 45th out of 50 lowest firearm death rate?

Any of this work for you?

beaglenc likes this.
  15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That would cover it. Now run for office and change the rest of the country

16. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Constitutional Carry passed the State Senate in Colorado today. 18-17 along party lines. Unfortunately, now it's headed to the house where the Committee on Armed services will let it languish and die as on hold indefinitely.

17. That would be the Green Mountain State: Vermont.

Cic, is it true that folks can walk around in the nude in public, as long as they're not doing nasty things?

18. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yea. There's that too. Makes CCing a [email protected]

19. Now see what you've done, made me think of the movie "The Naked Gun".
    Link to the trailer: