Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife right now had a taurus pt22 she likes the size but hates the trigger pull. any one have any suggestions what else i could get her?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
72 Posts
If she didn't like the trigger pull on the Taurus she won't like a Kel Tec either. Try a Ruger LCP or LCR?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its heavy and long. unless you rapid fire. i dont really care for the pull on the 22. now she loves the pull on my mil pro(light and smooth) its the size on the gun she doesnt care for.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I keep thinking I saw a tutorial or something over at KTOG about working on the trigger. I'll warn you now though this just hasn't been my week to be right about much of anything. X

·
Registered
137 Posts
My wife has a pt22 and had trouble with the trigger pull, so I put a KT P32 trigger shoe on it and she loves it, shot 3 or 4 mags with the shoe, and now would not think of using any other carry piece. Her friend got one and had trouble with pulling the trigger also, so she borrowed my wifes and now she says the problem is cured. Worked for us. Jim <><

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I've got no expertise to offer here, but I just thought of it when I saw the title...

"I got this gun for my girlfriend...

Good trade, huh?"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the help...me and the wife decided on the new taurus pt709 "slim"... its a little bit bigger than most .380s we looked at but other problem with the .380 is cant find ammo for it...the taurus is a 9mm so it works well since ive got a ton of 9mm ammo. thanks again

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I don't know what your price range is...and as much as I hate to say it...go with a Glock. The slide is one of the easiest around to cycle, the trigger is decent. And there aren't too many levers on the gun to confuse her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts