Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here ever won one of these things? You know, like the ones Classic Firearms puts out every month?

I've been entering one from Shoot-On.com. It just ended, they were giving away 2 of the Heritage Barkeeps to 2 winners, at least that's the way I read it. Should hear tonight or tomorrow who won.

I never win shit, I stopped doing the Classic Firearms giveaway about a year ago, I don't do facebook, twitter, or the others which puts me at a disadvantage as far as number of "points" I can get, so I just don't bother. There were only about 120,000 entries for the Barkeep and I had 20 so I figure I have a 1-in-6k chance of winning, that's not bad odds. Like betting on the winning horse in a 6 thousand horse, horse race :rolleyes:

Hey, somebody's gotta win, right?

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
I never win shit,
Neither do I.
I stopped doing the Classic Firearms giveaway about a year ago, I don't do facebook, twitter, or the others which puts me at a disadvantage as far as number of "points" I can get, so I just don't bother.
I just do a couple of the quick entries. I don't have the patience to do all of the crap for additional points. Just sign up and check out the new shit, which I would have done, anyway.

I don't have any of the social media stuff for the other points, either.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Hey, somebody's gotta win, right?
Won't be me. I used to, but got all kinds of unsolicited promo (spam) in my inbox. So I stopped. I focus on local group giveaway contests, gotta pay to play but the odds are better and I'm supporting a local cause when I put my money down.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friend of the family just won a Benelli AND a Kimber 1911 at a Ducks Unlimited banquet.

I hate him. :mad:
Good for him/her!!! I have won stuff at a couple of golf outings, usually 100 people or less. Can't recall anything I've won online.

I had already ordered a Heritage Barkeep when I entered this giveaway. Last night I got to thinking "If I win them, I can't pick them up but 1 every other month because of our wonderful one-gun-a-month law" or maybe not at all :eek::thumbsdown:

I wonder if there's a provision for winning 2 handguns and the same time?!

I don't think I won anyway, haven't seen anything saying I did yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
The only thing I've ever won was a brick (300) of lottery scratch tickets at an America Legion fundraiser for the local high school. It was $25 a ticket but it was for the scholarship fund. I unfolded the brick down the bar and everybody there started scratching off the tickets; ended up with a little over $100 in winnings which I applied to the bar bill.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,869 Posts
I won 2nd place in a job raffle, nice little hammerless Ruger LCR which I sold to my incoming FFL for his cost (higher than Buds) so I made out like a bandit!!

The job raffle was actually for the superintendent's kid's school, but he sold a LOT of tickets there
They announced it at the safety meeting and I said "you're kidding me"
Some idiot said I had offended the boss, I just said "shut up dummy" cuz I'd never won anything lkke that LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts