Gun Owners of America Challenging Gun Restrictions in Washington State and Pennsylvania

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by 1024Megabytes, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Gun Owners of America Challenge Washington State’s I-1639 Gun Control Initiative

Springfield, Virginia – Gun Owners of America (GOA), Gun Owners Foundation (GOF) and plaintiff Kerry Slone are challenging Washington State’s I-1639 gun control initiative.

This ballot initiative — which had a very suspect signature gathering process — forces increased background checks, training requirements, age limitations and waiting periods to purchase commonly-owned firearms, among other gun control measures.

This law regulates the protected right to keep and bear arms in ways that other rights are not. And GOA’s suit forcefully makes this point.

Read more at: https://gunowners.org/goa-gof-challenge-washington-states-i-1639-gun-control-initiative/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NA Philly to Seattle Lawsuits 10142020&utm_content=NA Philly to Seattle Lawsuits 10142020+CID_e1518836c318011e3eb36db552beb64a&utm_source=Email&utm_term=READ MORE ABOUT THE CASE

======================================

City of Philadelphia Sued over Gun Permit Processing Delays

Springfield, VA – Gun Owners America (GOA) and ten residents of Philadelphia have sued the city for excessive delays in license to carry firearms (LTCF) processing.

“The Philadelphia Police Department is not accepting LTCF applications in a timely manner,” said Dr. Val Finnell, Pennsylvania Director for Gun Owners of America. “At least two of our plaintiffs have received initial appointments for January of 2022 and that’s unacceptable.”

“The law gives them 45 days to issue a LTCF, but residents are waiting more than a year for an appointment just to turn in their application,” said Andrew Austin, attorney for the Plaintiffs. “It’s a standardized form made by the [Pennsylvania] State Police that some counties in Pennsylvania are accepting by email. There is absolutely no justification for this.”

The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in record numbers of first-time gun buyers in Pennsylvania and across America. In the City of Philadelphia, one cannot carry a gun openly or concealed without an LTCF. With the excessive delays in LTCF processing, new gun owners, or those with an expiring permit, cannot legally defend themselves when leaving their homes.

Read more at: https://gunowners.org/city-of-philadelphia-sued-over-gun-permit-processing-delays/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NA Philly to Seattle Lawsuits 10142020&utm_content=NA Philly to Seattle Lawsuits 10142020+CID_e1518836c318011e3eb36db552beb64a&utm_source=Email&utm_term=READ MORE ABOUT THE CASE

2. If you have not joined Gun Owners of America then get on the train. I need to send them some more money as they are going offensive and defensive for our 2nd Amendment liberties.

RandyB, Visper, Zorba and 2 others like this.

3. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

While the NRA is buying suits and neckties...

Rerun, 1024Megabytes, RandyB and 4 others like this.
  4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yeah, I joined a few weeks back and have not renewed my NRA membership, first time in a LONG while.

Good to see someone actually doing something.

1024Megabytes and RandyB like this.