Gun show deals?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Jed, Dec 1, 2014.

1. It has been more than 20 years since I have attended a gun show. But it turns out there will be one coming to my town in the near future. I am working on some project guns and was wondering if it would be worth it to drop the money to attend the show in search of parts. So for those who frequent the shows: is it worth it to go scrounging for parts at a show or should I save my money and just shop online?

2. Grant

Grant Member

The answer is maybe. I've seen deals at shows and been to shows with no deals at all. You may find a better deal on parts online now.

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Ammo, firearm accessories, and parts, are the main reason I go to gun shows. Never have bought a firearm at a gun show.

4. IMO with the price of admission its not worth it.

IF you are looking to see all kinds of cool guns, and get your hands on a new one you are thinking about. They are worth it, But that is about the only reason.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I don't go to many........ Mainly to oogle at stuff..... Never bought a gun, just a few boxes of ammo, and a used scope several years ago...

6. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Like Armslist, most people selling guns at the show want as much, if not more than, new.

7. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

the male bovine feces gets so deep that you need a snorkel

Top two tales I've been told at gunshows.

A >350 pound vendor with a myriad of commemorative buttons on his vest told me that he was a SEAL in the MEEEeeeKKongah* Delta and gotten the Purple Heart posthumously twice. :eek:

A vendor was trying to sell me a 'custom' AK 12 GA shotgun that his shop had built using two AK kits and a new Remington 870. It was late in the day and he'd cut me a deal for only $1200 just to move it. The Saiga stamp on it was plainly visible.

Everything is rare or going to be banned or X2 MSRP. :rolleyes:

* Trying to phonetically spell his pronunciation of "Mekong".

8. Bull

That musta been a hell of a show.... Not every guy would give his life for his country...... Twice!!!!....

9. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

I bought a Kimber .45 at a gun show for about $100 less then it was worth. Think of a gun show like a strip club. Sure you have to pay the cover charge but nothing says you have to pay anything else and you still get a good show

10. Bull

And you leave with the same feeling!....

11. EvilE424

Is that a vomit face bull? Not sure what strip clubs you've been too but I'm pretty sure that's not how they are supposed to make you feel

12. Bull

Nope.... That's the sad mournful face!

13. EvilE424

As in no more

14. Bull

As in all looky, no take homey!.....

15. What is a strip club? Please explain? They sell guns there?:D

16. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Gun shows around here charge anywhere from $3.00 to $5.00 to get in. But I have picked up parts I couldn't find anywhere else, and 22mag & 9mm ammo back in the day when there wasn't any to be had around where I live. Haven't had a need to go to a gun show this year. Two coming up in Feb and one in March 2015. May check one out just for the he!! of it.

17. I've bought a couple of Saturday Night Specials (.25 auto) for short money at a gun show. Given the size of a .25 auto round, it HAD to be "short" money. Best deal I ever got was from a vendor who specialized in air rifles but had some ammo to sell. He just wanted to unload it all. I bought everything he had.

18. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

So they gave you $100 to take it off their hands?

19. Back2School

Back2School Member

No they gave him a Hi Point .45 and $100!

20. EvilE424

I didn't even know about hi- points then. wish I did I like my hipoints more then that Kimber