Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from my first gun show here in Missouri. Very crowded. Lots of vendors. LOTS of high priced guns. I went looking for ammo and a case for my JHP. Got it. I also looked for something I could use as my CCW. Some vendor had a Hi-Point .380 for $235! I couldnt tell if it was brand new or not but isnt $235 a tad bit high? The MSRP is only $135. I know times are tough for everyone but $100 over MSRP is crazy. Shame because I wouldve bought it if I didnt come home and check the hi point suggested price.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes but after looking at all those other high priced gun, maybe $235 looked really good to someone who wanted a pistol but didn't know a lot about what they were selling for. The last big gun show that we went to was like that, lots of people and you just inched along looking at over priced items. It is hard to find a good deal at a guns show these days.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
10-4 on the overpriced. Last gun show I went to, about a month ago. They had a used HiPoint .380 for $195..... I had second thoughts about 20 minutes later, went back and it was gone................ :devilsidesmile: Supply and Demand Rule !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10-4 on the overpriced. Last gun show I went to, about a month ago. They had a used HiPoint .380 for $195..... I had second thoughts about 20 minutes later, went back and it was gone................ :devilsidesmile: Supply and Demand Rule !
I'm not having second thoughts about that .380 for $235. Thats just a tad crazy to even consider paying for. My JHP was only $190 brand spankin new. I'm going to go back tomorrow so I can look for another magazine, and a Hogue grip. Which model fits the JHP?

I seriously doubt I will find a C9 there. But hey who knows.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I went to a small gun show here in mid TN awhile back and had the same experience. Everything was over priced. Around here any caliber Hi-Point pistol can be had for less that $200. Many for much less.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I was there also got rained on. Got a 40 and 45 cal.350 for the pair.There wasn't but 1 or 2 9mm. there The guy I got mine from had a .380 for $125 probably gone by now.

Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was there also got rained on. Got a 40 and 45 cal.350 for the pair.There wasn't but 1 or 2 9mm. there The guy I got mine from had a .380 for $125 probably gone by now.

Good luck.
You saw 2 C9s there? Where? It was so crowded I couldnt see all the tables. I hope that .380 is there tomorrow. Where about was his table?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
What gun show in missouri did you hit??? up here in ks I can find a HP c9 for 150 bucks. then again the 250 mosin was something i saw at the last show up here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What gun show in missouri did you hit??? up here in ks I can find a HP c9 for 150 bucks. then again the 250 mosin was something i saw at the last show up here.
I went to the St. Charles Gun Show yesterday and today. Same thing. Guy wouldnt budge off his asking price of $235 for the Hi Point .380. I was kinda disappointed that he wasnt reasonable. I was nice and polite. I never mentioned I knew how much the MSRP is them. I asked how much he was willing to go down or throw in for that price and he looked at me and said NO, what you see is what you get. SOmething tells me I shouldnt have shaved and had on my ball cap. I guess I looked like some young thug.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I went to the St. Charles Gun Show yesterday and today. Same thing. Guy wouldnt budge off his asking price of $235 for the Hi Point .380. I was kinda disappointed that he wasnt reasonable. I was nice and polite. I never mentioned I knew how much the MSRP is them. I asked how much he was willing to go down or throw in for that price and he looked at me and said NO, what you see is what you get. SOmething tells me I shouldnt have shaved and had on my ball cap. I guess I looked like some young thug.
It wasn't you... he's just another one of those sharks capitializing on the hype and fear. Many gun dealers are doing this to make as much money as they can while the "panic" is in full swing. He wouldn't budge, and would've probably asked for MORE if he thought you looked older and more established.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
It wasn't you... he's just another one of those sharks capitializing on the hype and fear. Many gun dealers are doing this to make as much money as they can while the "panic" is in full swing. He wouldn't budge, and would've probably asked for MORE if he thought you looked older and more established.
yeah, these guys are making a "killing" right now. I would have a hard time believing that anyone is getting a deal at a gun show these days.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
These days, "Gun Shows" are where new gun owners go because of the hype and get fleeced. The dealers at these events prey on the uninitiated in order to use political scare tactics to get prices 2 to 3 times over prices a few months ago and claiming "you can't find them ANYWHERE, and you will NEVER be able to get one again" :cantlook:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts