Gun Show tomorrow !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by hitmanharleyk, Jan 26, 2008.

1. What should I look for to build next ?

I'm working on a Mosin Nagant and I just tricked out a 995.

a SKS ?

Name some cheaper rifles that I can trick ?

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Define cheaper? Saigas are not much but great guns

3. Cheaper= low priced that aftermarket parts are available for !!!!!!!

I enjoy the process of adding stocks/scopes/accessories as much as I like shooting the guns.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Get a saiga

5. urotu

urotu Member

+1 on the Saiga Ari, for sure...

Harley, if you want a good solid gun that you can do up, look into a Saiga, once you get one, you'll want more.

http://www.raacfirearms.com/index.htm

There's a link so you can come to appreciate the beauty that is Saiga.

6. SKS's are about 100-200 a pop and have so many aftermarket parts you can replace just about everything.

7. Lex

Lex Guest

I would look into the saiga as well. You going to the show in Tallahassee? If so, let me know if it is worth going. I am going to try and catch the Pensacola show in a couple of weeks.

8. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

If you get a SKS, do NOT get a chinese SKS, though their stocks are prettier, the have stamped recievers and don't have chrome lined chambers or barrels. Look for a Romanian or Russian... They have the milled recievers and chrome-lined chamber and chrome lined barrel ... The Yugos are NOT chrome lined....but they're plentiful and cheap. Be sure to get the sling, cleaning kit in the stock, and bayonet. MATCHING NUMBERS are a must... in my opinion. HAPPY SHOPPING.

9. Ari

Ari Guest

This is not all the way true... There are many Chinese SKSs with chrome lined barrels, and milled receivers. I own one that has a chrome lined barrel and a milled receiver and my barrel is also threaded not pinned.

10. Ridge

Ridge Member

I asked for and got February 3rd off...Super Bowl AND gun show that day! HELL YEAH!!!

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

hmm Ari, looks like you have a very early Chinese SKS, the kind people pay good money to have. Good find! You are just lucky to have purchased a rare & descent Chinese SKS.

12. Lex,
    I hung around the gun show for about 2 hours and they had probably 75 or so vendors selling a lot of stuff. I thought the guns for the most part were a little high, but I don't have a lot of experience at this. Just for some I'm Familiar with

HP 995's with a scope $259
    HP C9's $179
    HP .40's $209
    Mosin Nagant $249-$350
    Yugo SKS $199 and up
    .50 cal $9000
    Beretta C4 Storm $800

They had a lot of clips and the ammo was priced pretty good. I bought 80 rounds of 7.62 x 54mm for $20. Some of the 9mm and .45 ammo did seem high.

I went looking for a deal that was too good to pass up on guns and really didn't see one. If I had stayed till closing time I might have gotten a deal because they would rather sell than pack it up.

I thought it was worth the time and I'll go to the next one that comes thru town.

13. 10-22, tons of accessories, cheap startup.

14. I have to agree with Bushman98 on this one... the 10/22 is a great shooter and you can add so many things to it. There are so many parts that you can get for it and totally trick it out. Let us know what you decide.