Gun Snobs

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Pistol, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pistol

Pistol Member

...so at fourteen years old he was excited about his grouse hunting trip in North Dakota. His older brother let him skip school so he could go. Walking that brush on a beautiful fall day was wonderful. The sage hen lifted off ever so slow looking to gain altitude, a belly heavy from wild berries. The noise was deafening. Beautiful and expensive 12 gauge shotguns blasting. A side-by-side emptied to his right. A beautiful Remington 1100 semi-auto to his left. The silence was almost as deafening as the smell of gunpowder lingered in the air and frustration made it's appearance on his brothers and his companions face. "He's outta range" came from his right. The fourteen year old heard it, but paid no attention. He lifted his barrel slowly on that fat hen looking for more sustenance. Right between the faces of frustration. One shot, because that's all he had. A forty dollar 20 gauge topper his father had bought him. Was that a dead grouse or was it a handgun safe dropped out of a two story window? Both looked the same.

I've never been a gun snob because of that incident. And never will be.

2. glock and kimber owners are the worst. they probably drive bmw's also. don't even get me started on colts.
    i am a jeep guy myself, and these guys driving new jk's think they got hot stuff, just because they are running rigid industries light bars and arb air lockers. lmao.
    I dont mind paying for quality, but i refuse to buy something based on "it was the most expensive thing in the store and other people think its cool"

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Yeah, Glock owners are universally a bunch of snobs who think they have to only buy expensive $#!t...

Attached Files:

4. nine time out of ten

5. Fracman

Fracman Member

What is wrong with Colt owners. Wait a minute I own all three. I must be the worst gun snob ever.

6. (shouting) THE POLICE USE IT ITS THE BEST YOUR OPINION IS INVALID!

7. Think1st

Florida
    Yeah. How dare you exhibit such bourgeois behavior by buying Colts and other brands that you enjoy shooting? You should behave like a proper member of the proletariat and own only a single Hi Point pistol, while sneering at all other brands on the market just because they cost more.

8. i own a ruger american rifle. a ruger 10/22. a remington 870 from when they were good. a s&w m&p .45. a s&w 686 built long ago. and one single hipoint. i refuse to buy glocks. fight me.
    I would rather have an american made gun.
    except for 1911's. i would rather have the cheap filipino over in the corner, because its better.

9. Think1st

Florida
    Well, goody for you if you don't like Glocks because they are foreign-made, even though you'll buy foreign-made 1911s.

10. right, because if you're not paying $2000 for a 1911 you're doing it wrong. :rofl:
    and why buy a glock when you can buy a genuinely better shooting, better feeling, better looking + made in the us striker gun. and at a cheaper price.

11. Think1st

Florida
    Like what pistols you like. That's your choice, but you certainly don't get to dictate what is appropriate for others to buy. Stick with your M&P. I don't care, and neither does anyone else.

By the way, your logic about not liking Glocks because they are foreign is flawed if you still buy foreign guns in other models.

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

Especially if you think a fillipino 1911 is better made than a colt!! That's the drugs talking right there.

13. Think1st

Florida
    And he doesn't even own one of those! Boy, he's really basing his assessment on a whole lot of experience.

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I like Russian guns. And M&P over Glock.;-)

15. Think1st

Florida
    Chinese, Russian, German, Austrian, Indian, Brazilian, American; they all have an equal place in my cabinet, regardless of country of origin. Those are four out of seven continents represented, there, and they all do a damn fine job. Quality is quality, whether it comes from WWII Commies, Cold War Commies, developing country labor or full-on Western labor.

A gun is best judged by effectiveness, comfort, manufacturer and model. Anything else is not very objective.

16. Rerun

Rerun Member

The same thing happened to me - I was on the Model 311 12 bore side-by-side - two clean misses.

My friend Ron had the Model 1100. Three and three quarters of an ounce of shot later and the pheasant was speeding along low and gaining speed.

My other friend had the single shot 20.

That pheasant was reaching for the sky at 50 yards when that ugly single shot 20 bore tumbled the bird!

Memories, ah memories with friends, hunting...

eldar

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

18. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Better adjust your estimate... I own Glocks and Hi-Ponts, as well as a crap ton of others.

19. FlashBang

When people shout it is because they know what they are saying is BS.
    I was a LEO and I carried a Beretta. Most agencies are getting away from the Glock due to the high incidence of ND's with them.

20. FlashBang

You are aware that Glocks are made in the United States now aren't you?
    Not all Glocks are made in Austria, they have had a US manufacturing facility for a while now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.