Gun store rant

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Grant, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Grant

Grant Member

I went in to a local gun store today that I almost never go in. I wanted to see one of the SCCY cpx2 pistols and they had one. They handed it to me and I took a look, like the feel in the hand, sights are bright and I pick them up right away. Immediately the guy starts talking bad about the gun and how he wouldn't trust his life to other than aGlock or Sig. I told him I own a few Sigs, but wanted an inexpensive pocket or out of town gun. I have a keltec p3at, but want to go to 9. Even after his crappy attitude, I shot him an offer. You would have thought I insulted his daughter. He ranted about how they only carry a few cheap, guns then everyone wants to steal them. He had the audacity to tell me to save my money until I could afford a real gun. :mad:

It it was at that point I kindly told him there wasn't a pistol in the case I couldn't afford, but I knew what I wanted whether he liked the gun or not. I then let him know there are a lot of shops in town who would be happy to sell me a gun, not insult me, and be pleasant while making a new customer. I thanked him for his time and started to leave. At that point he said we can work something out. I told him at this point he could offer to sell it to me for $5 and I would pass.

I guess business must must be very good. So much so he doesn't need any new customers.

Rant over. :rantoff:

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Guy is a Glock fanboy, lose a sale due to his dislike of the product. If he was working for me he would of been fired.

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like an employee, if a gun shop owner knows so little about firearms they should close the doors. The SCCY is a great firearm for its price point and its warranty is the best in the market.... even better the Hi-Point's is. :)

4. Grant

Grant Member

I'm pretty sure the owner was standing right there.

5. Your more of a man than me I would of freaked out on that guy.

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Nah.. those are the kind of guys you simply ask what real life personal experience of being in a life and death situation with the firearm and it failing are they are basing their opinion on. ;)

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I love my SCCY CPX-2!
    Good for you, now NEVER go back there again, NEVER!!!

8. histed

histed Supporting Member

One - I totally agree with Flash on the SCCY. IF it fits your hand, it can't be beat for the price.

Two - You tell 'em, Melvin!! Two shops in this area that are on my ignore list. Total knuckleheads and smarta$$es

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Seems like the clerk was ranting, and you had the last word ;)

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

It's those idiots that ruin it for the new people the most.
    While we know our stuff, someone who knows nothing about firearms will listen to these guys. Those that can only afford a Hi Point might be discouraged from trying to protect themselves if the clerk is constantly bashing it while never having shot one before.

11. Grant

Grant Member

Exactly. I had decided what I was buying before going out. I found one at a different shop, pics tomorrow.

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    ummm, it's tomorrow now :rofl:

13. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I don't know sounds like a positive experience for you. Now you know who not to give your hard earned money to.

Seriously though that does suck I hate guys like that even though you should have bought a glock.

My wife owns the cpx-2 and I like it a lot for what it is.

14. Grant

Grant Member

So here you go.

Attached Files:

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Yep. I you shoot it a lot you will need SCCY on speed dial. Mine has been back to the factory 2 times in less than a year. Accurate and feeds everything. Don't give it +P (I haven't)

1. Trigger mechanism quit working turned it into a single shot
    2. extractor lost a pin

Mine is a CPX2TT it fits my Galco IWB holster. It is a BUG to me and not a primary. It sits in the safe and collects dust with a loaded mag.

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That's cause you break everything thing you own. Bam bam ;-) :p

17. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

yes that is the next one for me , for sure.

and my local shop did me like that on jhp .45

he wont get another chance because of it. i simply tell them its my money but thanks for the review

i have drs. orders to buy firearms too. well sorta :D dr. said a way to keep from smoking again: is to piss away all saved cig monies on oneself on things you like and want. its the best Rx yet!

18. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I've been taking that same DRUG now for the past 3 years

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    AWESOME "quit therapy"! :D