Gun Tests CF 380 review

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Reviews & Range Reports' started by Jackpine Savage, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Jackpine Savage

Jackpine Savage Member

I just got the February 2008 issue of Gun Tests. They reviewed three .380 pistols, a Bersa Firestorm, A Walther PPK, and the Hi-Point CF 380. The complaints against the Hi-Point were the trigger pull weighing in at about 10 pounds, and the slick grips. The said, "There were no failures to fire, nor eject, nor feed. This was no supprise. Hi-Points tend to do this with boring regularity, in our experience."

They rated it a C+ because of the trigger pull, andslick grips. They did mention that in a previous test with a PPK they had to send it back for a trigger job and repair of the double-action before giving it a "clean bill of health." For the cost of the Bersa ($307) you could buy two Hi-points ($135). The Walther cost them $556 and they gave it a B+ rating while giving the Bersa and A rating. I'm going to go to the Gun Tests website www.guntests.com and suggest they send the gun to Beemillers for repairs and retest it.

Take Care and Stay Safe.

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Of course you'd Bersa/Firestorm will outperform a CF-380, but i'd never expect them to be BETTER that the firearm by which they mostly resemble!

3. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

Why not? Some would say that a Kimber 1911 is better than a Colt. The Walter PPK has been around for nearly 90 years, someone was bound to improve it.

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

5. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

I looking on buying a Bersa Thunder .380 my self. I pretty sure that my next gun is going to be a Taurus Mill Pro or the Bersa .380, I can't decide.

6. tman

tman Member

i have a Hi-point CF380 is it common for a bullet to automatically come out of the magazine and into the chamber on its out with out the slide being pulled?

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ummmm...no?

It is impossible, actually. WTF are you saying?

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Thanks. I really needed a good laugh today.

9. cicpup

Vermont
    As the owner of 2 of them let me say you won't be disappointed.

10. cicpup

Vermont
    Yes. It's called "wizardry".