"Guns & Ammo TV" Review of the HP .45 Pistol and Carbine

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Dagwood, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Last nights episode of "Guns & Ammo TV" on the Sportsman Channel had a review on the Hi Point JHP .45 and the 4595ts. They likened the Carbine to the Kalishnikov in its simple design and minimal moving parts. They also referenced the older lady in Detroit that stopped a would be home invasion with her HP pistol. I cant find a link to it anywhere on the internet, but I DVR'd it last night. Maybe someone more tech savy than I can find it and post it here. It sure was cool to see the hosts of the show lovin their HP's!:D

2. cktvt

cktvt Member

Love to see the video.

3. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

she had a rusty 9mm carbine, not a pistol.
    iirc HP offered to replace it for her for free

4. RobbK

RobbK Member

It is nice to see Hi Points getting posative press. It is even nicer to see haters having a vein in their forheads pop because of it.

5. GUN5L1NGER

GUN5L1NGER Member

TN
    I actually saw the episode as it aired. They were very honest about the positives and didn't really mention any negatives. Good to see inexpensive firearms get a little airtime, but I did notice that Hi Point was a sponsor of that show.

6. jrock

jrock Member

I saw the episode as well. It has pleased me to see H P get more positive press. H P being a sponsor of the show is something I have noticed for months, I do watch the show regularly.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    bump

Updates???
    Is the episode online yet?

8. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

Funny thing, when I took my shotgun class, the NRA certified instructor made the comment,

" I don't consider hi points a real gun "

I thought we were joking, so I asked why he had to make sure it was cleared then

9. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Given G&A's reputation of late, a good review was almost guaranteed. ;)

But still, good press is good press. You would be surprised at the 'gun snobs' on another forum that I'm on that confess to having a Hi-Point carbine as their 'trunk gun'.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

No surprise there! :p