Guns and ammo storage

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fracman, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Fracman

Fracman Member

I was wondering how everyone store their guns and ammo? Right now I own one 22 pistol and 100 rounds of ammo. But I plan on buying a few more shortly. Looking for bulk ammo ideas. Also looking for gun storage for 1 - 150 guns. Figure if I plan big then I will be ready for anything.

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Uhm, a gun safe?

3. Fracman

Fracman Member

Just one? That is very helpful.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

A 150 gun safe is a bit large and expensive. If you only own a single 22 pistol right now, you really dont need much. A decent 16 gun unit might be a good start.

5. Fracman

Fracman Member

I want to be able to hold 150 guns that is my plan to own

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

This is a joke, right. :confused:

Fracman unless you sold all your firearms in past few months you have to be pulling our legs.

7. Fracman

Fracman Member

Not a joke I am looking for some storage options I currently don't own a safe I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of cheap guns on the market and I need some storage ideas

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

This can't be treated seriously. You obviously know a gun safe, if you want a big one, buy a big one. Why would you actually need someone to tell you that?
    Youd have been taken more seriously if you just pulled one of your ridiculous "bacon" comments.

9. Fracman

Fracman Member

Guess I was hoping for ideas like this.

Attached Files:

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
  11. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Snap On 40" wide 9 drawer roll away works very well and what I use . You have shallow drawers for your pistols and the larger ones for rifles . The remaining drawers for ammo and tools

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Here's my solution. Several horizontal racks, and one long vertical rack, built with plans from the 7.62X54R.net site. Ammo in cans under the vertical rack. Plus a wall of pegboard. Plus two 14 gun Stack-On units.

[​IMG]

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I just have my sh!t stashed all over my walk in closet.
    You pull clothes away and something is hiding behind it.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Military Storm Cases.

I can get these pretty reasonable, easy to ship, but not cheap...

I'd have to check prices, but I can get them plenty big.

I had 2 collapsed AR's and a pistol grip shotty in one, a bunch of mags and
    some ammo. I could have gotten maybe a dozen ARs in one of them. Have
    to cut the foam up a bit. Waterproof, air tight, can be locked with a cable lock.
    I can get them cheaper than anything I have seen online.
    In quantity, last I checked.
    [​IMG]
    Kinda like this, but BIGGER and Cheaper.

15. talon

talon the banned wagon

Define "reasonable". Your close enough i can borrow a truck and pick it up if reasonable is actually reasonable.

16. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yeah no sh*t. The right price will cause me to have one or 3 waiting for pick up on my way through for a holiday or summer trip back to new suck.

17. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Stack-On makes a good 8-gun cabinet with a shelf in the top. I can fit eight long guns in the slots, and with careful positioning, I can store four handguns on the shelf. Empty, you can move it by yourself, but loaded, it is heavy enough to hinder theft during a burglary when time is short.

For the ammo, just stack a bunch of MTM or Plano cases in the closets and under the beds.

18. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Leave my cases out of this.

19. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Ammo in a metal military ammo can with moisture absorbing silica. Oiled/greased pistol in a different ammo can with the same silica material. I'm not sure if youre talking long term or short term storage?

20. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Youre looking at multiple weapon containers. You have to think of what you want: Security Storage or Long Term Storage...or a little of both. You need to hit somewhere that sells gun safes