Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just went to talk to my agent about scheduling my guns on my home owner's policy (HOP). He said it would cost me 90 cents per $100 of declared value. Then he said he wouldn't schedule just any gun. Pride and joys yes but (and I quote) "not the crappy guns".

I almost asked him what he considered a crappy gun but didn't feel like arguing with him this morning.

So I just lowered my overall policy deductible and came to the conclusion that I need to walk through the house this weekend with a camera to document our belongings.

Have any of you guys had problems with HOP covering lost, stolen, or damaged firearms, more specifically Hi Point firearms?

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
my homeowners covers firearms regardless of type or cost, but they REQUIRE a documented record of all of them before they will pay.

FWIW if your HOP rep is giving you flak, go above his head and file a complaint. if your HOP covers guns, and doesnt specifically enumerate what is and is not covered, then ALL of them are. sound like you have an anti-gun agent.

SW

·
Registered
232 Posts
+1 on what Silicon Wolverine said about going above his head. My HOI covers all my guns, old toys and my comics. The only thing is it only covers $1,000 on my toys and comics. Yes do take pics of every thing for reference so if any thing does happend you have proof.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my homeowners covers firearms regardless of type or cost, but they REQUIRE a documented record of all of them before they will pay.

FWIW if your HOP rep is giving you flak, go above his head and file a complaint. if your HOP covers guns, and doesnt specifically enumerate what is and is not covered, then ALL of them are. sound like you have an anti-gun agent.

SW
He is a gun owner himself but I was getting the feeling he is a Hi Point hater. So I didn't bother to ask him what he actually considered a "Junk Gun". Why bother. If the value of my guns combined exceeds the allowable limit of the HOP then I will force him to schedule them. I will find all of this out in a week or so when I bring the pic disk to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.