Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol okay guys so im completely new to rifles, i know about AK's and such but, please tell me about 10/22's, i want a cheap rifle that shoots in .22 just for the range and stuff, and i saw a cool one someone had an ATI stock on so preferrably something i can add that to, and also i wanted to know more about AR's, i love the way they look but there seems to be so many different types and really expensive, any cheaper ones? and im not being cheap by choice im a student so i dont have too much extra, and i dont really need one for HD i have my c9 for that and my neighborhood is really secure thanks guys

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, mosin nagants, i wanna know more if anyone can fill me in i know next to nothing about them and where can i find them i havent seen any for sale?

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
For a .22 rifle the 10/22's are the way to go. Not only for the huge amount of modifications you can do to them, but also because they are great, quality shooters right out of the box.
They make aftermarket stocks like can make them look like AR's, AK's, Bullpups, pretty much whatever.
Also they make high capacity mags for them. All the way up to 100 round, but I think most people don't have high success with anything over 25 rounders..

For Nagants, you'll have to talk to Kripp about that one, he's our Curio and Relic guy on the site, theres many other guys on this site that are knowledgable about any one or more of the guns you have listed. Just ask man.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
10/22 are great! I bought one and put a Dragunov style stock on it and then replaced the trigger, hammer, and extractor and installed a recoil buffer. They are addictive, but are freaking great guns. I use Butler Creek steel lips magazines in mine and rarely have a jam.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like what you did to the front of the barrel. Cool set up. ;)

Tell us all what you put on there. :yes:
The stock is an ATI strikeforce folding unit, I had to grind on the front of it to fit the UTG Quad rail. Its got a butler creek 25 round clip. The faux silencer is actually a mag lite. You empty out the internals, drill a hole in the endcap, and secure it to the barrel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's a 2D Maglite. Remove head, push out bulb base. Cut off the threaded part to fit to barrel length. Hole in maglite screwon base for bullet exit. Opening where switch used to be for cooling. Cut a ring of wood to slide into can body. Split the wood ring in two and use two small screws and some glue to attach in front of the rifle. Drill hole in can in front (same side of can as the switch hole) for 3mm setscrew. Glue strips of wood of equal thickness around the inside of can to center end of barrel. Thread one piece of wood to take setscrew.
Can slides over barrel. Gun side it is centered by the ring, muzzle side by the wood strips. Held in place by setscrew. To remove loosen setscrew and slide off.

I can't take credit for this mod. I first saw it on rimfirecentral, when some guy put a 10/22 reciever into a airsoft ps90 body.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112771&page=65&highlight=ps90+bullpup

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you are looking for something that shoots .223 look at the kel-tec SU-16 Charlie model. The SU-16 gets pretty good reviews and is a little cheeper than a AR15.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.