Guns in the house

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Spot, Apr 27, 2008.

1. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. As John Steinbeck once said: "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics are questionable.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

6. Armed men will kill unarmed men with monotonous
    regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am, If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle."

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's more!

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said, "I did" She said, "Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!" To which I said, "Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!" She then asked, "Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?" My reply was, "Not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, they are all loaded too." To which I'll add, "Having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank."

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 1. As John Steinbeck once said: "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

These youngsters now days need to learn that one, cause its the truth!

4. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I can't quote it word for word but my father in-law brought up a good point, which was later confirmed by others.

It went something like "A fair fight doesn't exist, as soon as the other guy starts to loose he will throw sand in your eyes. So be sure to throw the sand first."

Which is true, fair fights do not exist in a fight you do what it takes to win. When it comes down to it I will drop a foot into someones testicles before I end up getting sent to the hospital.

5. I'm sorry in advance if my remark following insults you 'fair fight' guys but:

I don't want to get in a fight, even when winning, it's too easy to get hurt. If you pick a fight with me, I'll happily "drop a foot into someones testicles"(sic) before a chance to hurt me even occurs.

The only fair fight is one where I am unhurt!

:wink:

6. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Hahaha!

Well even the 'fair fight' guys will do the same when it comes down the wire. Look at Tyson, he bit a damn ear off! AN EAR!

Of all the things he could have done the first thought that flashed in his head was "bite the ear off!"

7. Don't ever sneak up and grab me from behind. I'll have a hand full of testicles that will soon be thrown to the ground. I guarantee they are disconnecting from your body in the most painful manner. :twisted:

8. A guy I used to work with told me something his Dad told him:

"Winning hurts, but losing hurts more."

9. The only fair fight is one that you aren't in.

10. You didn't list the one about when a CNN reporter ask a Marine sniper in Iraq "What do you feel when you shoot an insurgent" and the reply was a little recoil"

11. that reminds me of when I went shooting with my brother last week. I was down to about 2 mags in each of the weapons that I had with me and I began to put everything up. he asked me why I wanted to leave, when I still had bullets left. I asked him if a burglar was going to reschedule since I had shot up all of my ammo...

I used to keep one weapon loaded, and all the rest empty. a while back ago, I heard a noise and I mistakenly grabbed one of the unloaded ones.
    The noise was nothing, but if it had been, I would have been ging to a gunfight with an empty gun, which I didn't feel would put me in any kind of advantage, so now EVERY weapon I own has a loaded mag, with a spare one close by.

12. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

He who reaches for a weapon first has already lost the fight.
    A recruiter at the station where I enlisted told me that.
    I remember at the time (and I was even a liberal back then) thinking: "what a *section of the female anatomy oft referred to as having the olfactory sensation similar to that of seafood*"
    Natural selection includes tool making.
    Fair is using the tools available

13. neothespian

neothespian Member

I have a CCW and always carry for work, but in my personal life I do not carry. One of my stagehands was confused by this (he's in ROTC and gunning for a position with the Marines), and asked why I don't "excercise my right everyday".

I told him that because of my religious tenants, I adhere to the eightfold path and that, in the condenced version of it all, if you are aware of your surroundings and act in harmonious accordance understanding that all conflict stems from desire, you will always be prepared by the sheer nature of order.

Then he asked why do I carry a gun at work, and by doing so isn't it a violation of my faith?

I said "No, because I understand my place in the order of things when I drive a cab, and I lack the desire to be killed."

14. Ever notice that the bigger guy is always the one wanting a "fair fight"? Size disparity is considered assault with intent to do bodily harm in SC.

15. frickinnuts
    I have heard that it is the first one that is the hardest to forget.

Spot