Guns Law didn't seem to help here.........

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Newskate9, Mar 20, 2008.

1. WEST COVINA, Calif. -- A woman was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence. She was shot to death.

The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home in upscale West Covina, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said. "Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.

Deputies arrived at the house, 20 miles east of Los Angeles, a few minutes after Wednesday's late morning call. The woman, whose name was not released by police, had been shot several times. Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene. "At this point we believe it was a burglary gone awry," Rosenberg said. Investigators are trying to determine if anything was taken, Deputy Luis Castro said.

While police were investigating the shooting, a man arrived at the home asking about his wife. When he heard that the woman had been shot and killed, he collapsed and started to cry, saying "No! She just called me. You lie." The man was placed in a patrol car and taken to a sheriff's station, police said. Witnesses said they saw one or more men running from the house, Rosenberg said.

Investigators used bloodhounds to conduct yard-to-yard searches. No arrests had been made by Thursday morning, deputies said. As a precaution during the search, a high school and an elementary school were locked down for about two hours, police Lt. Dan Brooks said.

One can only wonder -if she had been trained and armed if the outcome might have been different. Let's say a prayer for her and her family....

2. Yep, those anti-gun laws really helped her out a whole ton!! My heart really goes out to her family. I can't even imagine hearing news like that.

3. See it things like this that should show the liberals that the police will NEVER get there right when they need to be. You have to protect yourself until the calvary arives. But, the anti gun idiots are going to do the exact opposite.

4. Carbin8r

Carbin8r Member

Sorry, but I will point out every bogus "liberal" bias. I don't much care for the current conservative government turning the U.S. into a police state and taking away many of my other rights I deem just as important as gun ownership.

Liberalism taken to *extremes* is communism (or, more accuratley, Marxism)

Conservatism taken to extremes is facsism.

Personally, I am just as much against both as either turn me into a slave of the state.

6. hate to hear that. A gun in the hand is worth a hell of a lot more than 911 on the phone.

7. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Just remember:

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

[End sarcasm]

8. "At this point we believe it was a burglary gone awry"

What the hell does that phrase mean? The robbers came there with the intention of robbing, and obviously since they were armed, they came there with the knowledge that they may shoot and possibly kill someone.

Lets call a spade a spade.

"Armed robbers coldly killed their unarmed victim without mercy and made a clean getaway before the police arrived." News at 11.

Let the anti gunners argue with that statement! :evil:

9. +1 there man. +1. I really do wish we knew exactly how long it did take the police to respond.

10. The police are usually not to blame, IMO unless they actively work to keep arms out of the hands of the citizens they are supposed to serve.

They simply cannot be everywhere at once, and sometimes they can be at someones house in minutes, but it usually takes seconds for the bad stuff to happen to you.

That is why the right to defend ourself, even if it is only in our own home, should be a given.

They may get me, life has no guarantees, but I would like to think that the bad guys are going to leave my house with some lead in them too.

And I really feel for households that believe that guns are wrong, they are just making it easier for the bad guys.

11. Sorry man, I wasn't trying to blame the police, I have nothing but respect for them! :) I was simply thinking that if we knew how long it took them to respond, especially if it was a short period of time, it would make that much stronger of a case against the anti-gun folks.

12. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Contact the agency's P-I-O (public information officer) and tell him you are wanting to know the response time. Time of call recieved, time of call entered in the CAD, Dispatch time, Enroute time, Arrival Time, and departure time. That way you get a good measure on just how long it took everything to happen. If it helps, Say "Freedom of information act, Where's the paper i can sign to get this public information?" and if they give you lip, try "You are a government agency who recieves federal monies to operate, and by federal law you must provide me with a way to get this information, and inform me of the processes i must follow..." and if that does not work "What is your name? ok, now May i speak to your supervisor <name>?"

13. Eqfan, I wasn't fussing at you or anything, just pointing out that if the police could have been at that Lady's house in 2 minutes, it may still have been too late.

Sorry that you thought that I was disagreeing with your post. That was not my intent at all :D

14. And that's the same point I was getting at as well, I just went the round about way of getting there :D

15. Carbin8r

Carbin8r Member

Uh..."see, yet another example of sensless violence caused by guns. We need *stronger* laws baring guns to keep these off our streets."

:x

Some dumbasses will never learn that criminal will NOT obey the law...that is what makes them CRIMINALS!!!

17. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Hope the gun used didn't have a pistol grip, muzzle brake, or a capacity of 10+... If that had been the case, this would have been a tragedy. :roll:

18. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I love how anti-gun morons are always looking for that magic law that all criminals will follow, and truly keep the guns off the streets.

When they do manage to find that magical law I am going to have a tea party with the unicorns......you are all invited.

On a more serious note, I can't grasp the idea that anti-gunners believe that having stricter gun laws will lower crime. Criminals are criminals because they do not follow the law already. What is going to change that?

Look at Washington DC! It has some of most anal gun laws in the country...funny enough has one of the highest crime rates.

19. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Just imagine how bad it would be if they didn't have such strict laws. :shock: