Guns you're thinking of buying today!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Visper, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

[Moderator Note: Visper's purpose for this thread is: This is more of a "look this is a heck of a deal maybe I'll buy it today" thread.]

We need a thread for ones we are thinking of buying, we all can't buy one everyday... so nothing wrong with thinking about it right!!

First up:

Original Configuration AMD65 (AK variant).

This is posted on another site that I "frequent". I figured I would share with you guys as I don't think I can swing the cash at the moment but I would love for someone here grabbing it.

Its an Original configuration AMD65. Not the newer imports that you see with the 16" barrel. These have the extra long break "permanently" attached to a 12 1/2" barrel to make it a legal 16" and chrome lined.

$500 shipped... he's giving it away with prices now a days... anyway here is the link:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275613

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2016
  2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    SAW ONE ON Slickguns.com new, for $499 + shipping... AMD65 Hungarian, iirc? I was amazed that it was so low, but a guy off AK Files likely has a really nice one and needs $$$ IYKWIM! I'd check that out, even if it is "used" cuz a "new" one for that price these days sound "too good" :eek:
    LiNKZ!

https://www.classicfirearms.com/amd...h-side-fold-stock-and-black-poly-pistol-grips

https://www.classicfirearms.com/amd-63-7-62x39-rifle-with-solid-stock-phoenix-stock-type2

Me? I'm thinking hard about a Pistol Upper, I have a lower and LPK ready to build, just need the upper and buffer/brace... going with a Shockwave :D

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

3. Visper

Yeah, the ones you see now a days are the newer builds. American made 16" non-chrome lined barrels.

Needs some TLC but its one helluva AK. Wish I had $500 right now... well $500 that my wife would let me spend...

Shockwave kinda looks like a buttstock... they aren't even trying to hide it as a brace anymore :rofl:

It looks sweet though. Don't shoulder it, no matter how much you may want to :rolleyes:

4. When my CCDW arrives, a Ruger LCP or LCR.

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Now who would shoulder a shockwave

6. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

7. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Smith and Wesson Model 19, nickel plated in a 4 inch barrel. I know where it's at, and I'm just hoping and praying it's still there come pay day. At least then, I can lay it away.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I thought the "Short list" thread was for things we wanna buy?

9. Visper

Yeah, it is. Eventually. This is more of a "look this is a heck of a deal maybe I'll buy it today" thread.:p

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I was wondering about tucking it under my arm, and using a laser for pointing at times... definitely not a "shoulder stock" in that use. Anybody???

11. Visper

Not sure... I'll defer to law enforcement on this one!! :p

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's way too much social media!

It should be "look what I bought" or "look what I passed on", other wise, you risk looking like a 12 year old girl, updating your status every 20 minutes.

I think I'll buy a gun!
    I'm going to the store!
    Traffic sucks!
    I'm looking at a gun!
    I think I might buy the silvery one.
    Nope, I think it's the blued one.

Hey, I didn't buy it! But I bought a milkshake on the way home!:D

13. Visper

Well... it wasn't intended that way...

Its more like:

Stop at LGS
    See a great Deal
    Post it up here as a possible purchase and maybe get some input from some people.

Like I would defer to you on a nice Bolt 22 and it may look like a deal but I would post it up here.

Or if you find a deal online but its not what your looking for, post it here for other members that may be interested.

Instead of always starting a new thread "I found this should I get it" or "Hey if anyone is interested XYZ firearm is on sale at ABC"

Maybe my title needs tweaking... if you have a better title let me know, can the mods change it?

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I think they can.

How about, "Help, quick! I need advice before I buy a bad gun!":p

But really, I like the idea.;)

15. Visper

OK, post suggestions for new thread title everyone. If we get a consensus we'll get the mods to update it!!

Democracy at its finest!!:D

16. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That's cool! I just put one on layaway at my local pawnshop. A 19-5 in nickel. Except mines a 2.5" barrel. Can't wait!

17. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That's my world right now!

18. Bull

Currently high bidder, hoping it stays under the 1100$ max bid I've set.... Over that and I'm thinking it over.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1471497142.280491.jpg

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Good, Bull. If it's over $1100, you may as well go to a dealer and get exactly what you want, with a warranty.

BTW...my semi auto .308 was under $900.:p

No wood though.;)

20. Bull

I'll buy it off you for 990$ then....
    This one does Have a stainless match barrel