Guns you're thinking of buying today!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Visper, Aug 17, 2016.

1. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I too am gonna try and get a Russian this weekend.

[​IMG]

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I really want one of those to go with my Redhawk. I was looking very hard at the Henry Big Boy All Weather to go with my GP100 before the Henry X came out, but I just couldn't get over the tube loading design. I ended up getting a Winchester 1873, instead. It's a sweet shooter and pretty, but it's too pretty for the woods.

Bullitt68 likes this.

3. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Member

I've had two Winchesters in 30-30. One a plain jane the other a centennial model with octagonal barrel. They are excellent rifles.
    I too have held off on getting a Henry due to the lack of a side gate. Wanted a golden boy until this one came out. But too pretty like you say.
    Now they have side gate so I'll have to save up. Prices are nuts right now. Plus sold out.

Think1st likes this.
  4. Fracman

Fracman Member

They need to come out with a 460 S&W or 500 s&w in a lever

5. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Member

6. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

bin there done that, might do it again

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

They're hell in a divorce court. I'm crazy, not crazy enough to do one of them.

OldOutlaw and Think1st like this.
  8. High Standard Sport King...

IF the guy decides he wants to sell it. Asked my LGS if he had anything I might be interested in, seeing as how the 'used gun's rack was full. Had three rifles in the corner, one 22, nothing I wanted, then I saw a pistol on the shelf. Guy brought in a bunch of guns he might want to sell, just hasn't decided yet. Apparently he does this from time to time, brings em in then decides he doesn't want to sell. Hopefully he's willing to part with the High Standard.

9. He said get one, not marry one!

And if we took a poll, more than half would believe you are crazy enough!

10. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Member

+1

OldOutlaw likes this.
  11. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I would love to buy a Beretta 96A1 but all the stores in my area are bare of handguns. Who knew a pandemic would be about toilet paper and guns.

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Only Trashy would think of marrying a Russian hooker.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  13. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Today is a 7.62x39 day for me.

So what would one of these guns have over the other, besides rate of fire and number of rounds, an CZ 527 or an AK-47 type? I've grown partial to bolt action but it's not a deal breaker. About all I'll use it for is putting holes in range targets and a just in case scenario.

Which one is easier to clean/maintain?

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The CZ is easier. No gas system, no dust cover, fewer springs. FAR easier to scope, as well.
    Not to mention, there’s Mannlicher stocks out there. They were discontinued in 2018, though.

[​IMG]

Think1st and Dubar like this.
  15. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Member

Can we do pretend (if I only had enough money)
    FN PS90

16. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Oh I wish I had not seen that, now I'm on the hunt!

ajole likes this.
  17. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The AK will be cheaper if you get the right kind. But if you aren't looking to add platform types to your collection and just want something in 7.62x39, I'd get that CZ. It is truly elegant.

moona11 likes this.
  18. Gotta say my CZ 452 FS has the nicest wood of any gun I've ever owned

19. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Well, IF you ask me AK, but I am kinda partial.

AK platform is super easy to maintain and take decent abuse to boot. Prices are a bit high now a days (I know shocker) but there are still deals every now and then you need to jump on.

moona11 likes this.
  20. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You could go cheap....sort of. Convert an old Mauser. The gun that’s not a Russian SKS is an Argentine Mauser with a Green Mountain barrel in 7.62X39.

[​IMG]

Visper and Think1st like this.