Guns you're thinking of buying today!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Visper, Aug 17, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Taurus G2C, G2CS, M&P Shield9 or the Shield9 2.0. Or the Shield E-Z's

Chef Duane likes this.
  2. retread

retread Member

sounds like the lcp2 is already the winner. lightweight, compact, and fits her hand. couple of 7 round mags for 8 rnds. ready to go.

Chef Duane likes this.

3. We have a Taurus PT111G2 and a G2C (essentially the same gun) and its a bit too heavy for her.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  4. The LCP2 is not an LCPII. Different guns. But yes, she does like the LCPII. The one I have is outfitted exactly as you suggest and I also have a Hogue Handall on it for a little better purchase. The weight of the LCPII is perfect for light summer wear here in Texas.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Take her to the range and rent everything she's interested in. Buy enough of the range ammo there so she can give each of them a fair shake. Then, buy whatever it is she says she wants. Order it if you have to. Pay the higher prices that you have to. Be resolved to spend the money to get her what she wants.

Happy wife, happy life.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Rerun likes this.
  6. That is the plan. She likes the Ruger LCPII but also have to find something that that is light rack and can be concealed in a purse or pocket.

7. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

1095TS on the horizon.

undeRGRound and Dagwood like this.
  8. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Well, I know I said I was done with any new firearms for a bit but... I have a beat on a C308/Cetme with wood not poly. Yes its a century but it is one of the newer ones with PTR receiver and barrel. The price isn't horrible either and this has been on my list for awhile now. Well an H&K/PTR/Cetme. Gonna sleep on it - told the guy to give me a day or two to mull it over.

undeRGRound and SWAGA like this.
  9. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

M1 Garand. My shooting buddy called yesterday and said a fellow we used to work with is offering one of his two Garands for $1000. Probably go see it this coming week. As much as I'd like to have one I want a M1 carbine more. I'll know after I see it, if I don't get it my buddy will, but I would shoot it more than he will, plus I have my Ruger 10/22 in a carbine stock and so does he. I doubt I'll find a Garand any cheaper.

undeRGRound likes this.
  10. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have a Sept 1941 Springfield. Many makers. NCR, Rock-O-la, Wurlitzer, Inland, International Harvester, a parking meter company, and several others.

11. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

The guy that has the Garand got it for fixing/replacing someone's compressor on their car a couple or 3 decades ago. The other one was his dad's from the war. I'm curious to see what shape it's in.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

Various makers can vary the worth of them.

Mine was a CMP probably out of Redstone Arsenal in Alabama.

13. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

HP 45JHP if I can find one reasonably priced.

14. I prefer "Happy Spouse, Happy House." It works both ways. ;)

undeRGRound, OldOutlaw and lklawson like this.
  15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Well, I'm seriously looking at another Glock. G45, less than 100 rounds fired, still LNIB. Plus it's from a shooter I know very well. Sonny Boy ;) He also has a G19x (gen4) and this one is obviously a Gen5. Same basic gun. Will work with all the glock stuff I already have. So it's a good deal. Blue Label gun. He can get 2 per year.

He is replacing it with a G20 or G40, to pair with his Kriss-Vector 10mm 'Pistol'. Mag and Ammo sharing, nothing finer! :D

Dagwood likes this.
  16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    But you see, KLAWSON has a SWoMBO so it's the former :rotfl:

lklawson likes this.
  17. TNTRAILERTRASH

G45's are the bomb in duty/EDC,

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Thinking I need a G17 to go with my Glock mag AR9. No, I don't want a 19, if I am pairing it with an AR pistol, I really don't care if it conceals better.
    BUT...my FFL/LEO cousin says he has a G22 conversion buy back....so maybe that's where I am going. I would be happy to have a .40 capable Glock that would also pair up with the AR.

Only if he stole it, or got lucky and bought it later.
    They didn't let soldiers take the Garand home.

I know this isn't the situation here, but one should NEVER buy "the story" on milsurps.

undeRGRound likes this.
  19. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Didn’t know that, my dad did bring his 1911 home but sold it after he caught me playing with it when I was 4 or 5.

Well, the Garand fell thru, he got cold feet. However... I have a M1 Carbine coming my way which is what I wanted anyway. :banana::banana::banana:

It’s an Auto Ordnance make but that’s fine and the price was reasonable. Plus I scored some Korean War era ammo for .35 cents per round from SGAmmo.

Think1st, ajole, Visper and 2 others like this.
  20. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Well, I had to forgo my own new firearm allocation for another year, which would have been a P365, but I finally convinced the wife to let me get her a G42. I put a set of Trijicon night sights on order for it, too. Now, the wait is on. I can't wait for her to have that in addition to her PPK/S. It really is more practical for her as a defensive weapon.

OldOutlaw, undeRGRound and Dagwood like this.