Guns you're thinking of buying today!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Visper, Aug 17, 2016.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Hope you don't get that one, the serial # has a 2020 in it!!! :eek:

rtm and Oaktree45 like this.
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Maybe I should get it nickel plated...whaddaya think?

undeRGRound likes this.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :D PERFECT!! :D

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$4999.99+tax+shipping

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  5. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

I'm done buying for awhile. This ruger m77 is nice and i like it, but I feel like i paid 100 more than i should have. Guess it makes up for all the other deals.

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

We shouldn’t have to pay tax on it, he didn’t.

7. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Bad Swaga!! This isn't the dark room so I can't reply!!!

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hahahhahaahaha....that whole story was a lie, just so you know.

And sales tax is a state tax, so Trump has nothing to do with it anyway.

Pistolkitty and fatal-bert33 like this.
  9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well you got a good rifle, not a great deal. I was at the LGS again yesterday ordering a limited edition LCP with a friend and that newer M77 MkII marked at $600-ish was gone. So if the newer ones are going for what you paid for the more desirable OG model, it's still technically a deal. The one at the LGS didn't come with a scope either. I would say you did good, not great. $400 would have been amazing, $500 would have been great, $600 was good but a better scope could have made it great.

OldOutlaw, shepherd321 and ajole like this.
  10. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Any deals at all are getting harder and harder to find. People are insane with their prices right now. Sadly I think my gun buying is on hold for the immediate future. I am going to concentrate on ammo accumulation unless some amazing deal falls in my lap. Not really thinking anything in 9mm. Maybe another 10mm. It'd have to be a smokin deal though.

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I saw a beautiful S&W 6906 double stack 9 with the factory box. $600 asking price. Stainless and aluminum! I will not buy it. There was 2 there. Different sellers.

12. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

This guy has a RIA 1911 fs in 10mm he is looking to trade. I'm thinking about it, but then I don't want to trade any of my guns for it. I'm kinda heavy on the 9mm's right now. Maybe I could let the P320 go? I don't know..

shepherd321 likes this.
  13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I’ll give ya TreeFiddy....

14. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

OK, so I was really really done after pre-ordering an Israeli FAL light barrel (which still waiting on...). My discretionary funds were depleted, weird how that happens every 4 years... Anyway got a beat on a AK-74, a Polish Tantal wz 88 - built from all matching parts kit WITH original barrel. Those are becoming harder and harder to find. Really leaning towards getting it even though I really don't need it and would mean another caliber to "stock up" on.

Never bought the old century ones from about 6-7 years ago for $500 ish - which thank god I never did with the keyholing issues etc.

Anyway price isn't horrible, the ones with original barrel a few years back was pushing 1 to 1.1K so slightly above that.

I have had a crap ton of overtime over the last month at work, but still, do I REALLY need it... eh gonna sleep on it.

Rabidwookie and Dagwood like this.
  15. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

Some time in 2021 I need to get 2 bolt actions, both with nice wood stocks, another 30/06 and something in 7mm, probably a 7mm rem mag. They seem to be the most common 7mm.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  16. mattman17

mattman17 Member

I keep looking at a Glock 17 to go along with my Sub2K. Have em online for $499 currently and can’t find a Glock anything locally.....plenty of 9mm to go around for both and already have mags but will need a few more shorties for the pistol since I have mostly sticks for the Carbine.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I went with a $350 Glock 22, and a conversion barrel. Works great so far, at about $430 all in.

TNTRAILERTRASH and mattman17 like this.
  18. mattman17

mattman17 Member

My local shops are gutted and I wish I could find something for that pricing.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I hear that. Just happened to find it in a pawnshop a few weeks back, they price the .40s low to move them, since “no one wants” them anymore. Everything else (what there is of it) is at new pricing, regardless of wear.

mattman17 likes this.
  20. mattman17

mattman17 Member

Haven’t done much pawn shop hunting, not a lot worth while here, might give them a shot this weekend. I’ve been wanting to pick up a .40 also but not trying to get into new caliber right now and hunt down ammo at a premium. Plus I just picked up some armor so some gun funds went there.

Once/If things settle down I am all for grabbing one of each flavor lol.

ajole likes this.