Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

2801 - 2820 of 2916 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,801
I watched the MAC video on this recently. I came away with a "no damn way" I would get one of these. Various reasons. Replacement parts, and the possibility that the company might be out of business in the near future.
Yeah, thought about that already. Same with my CETME C. I picked up a few Cetme C kits for $99 each at christmas, all but barrel and receiver. Also have a line on a couple of CETME L kits. Those are gonna run me just over $200. But when they are dried up that is it.

I figure 2 whole kits each rifle and I should be fine.

These are milsurp, so like with anything, even US made stuff like Garands and M1 Carbines. Eventually the parts will dry up.

I do seriously doubt I will put enough rounds down it to wear out parts as is... with the price of ammo these days.

Shit hits the fan I am falling back on my AKs anyways.

Company wise, doesn't matter to me if they go out of business, its only a 1 year mfg warranty anyways :p

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
how about a description, what and who's is it!
Did a little searching and found it: https://eaacorp.com/product/tanfoglio-appeal-rifle/
Website sez this: "Tanfoglio's first endeavor into the long gun market had its appeal. Hence, a modern, compact, rimfire bullpup rifle appropriately named "Appeal." This captivating rifle is more than just cool to look at, its completely ambidextrous, interchangeable, easy to use and best of all, affordable. Available in two great rimfire calibers, 22LR and 22 WMR, the Appeal bullpup comes with an elevated Picatinny top rail that is also removable and integral sling swivels."
Looking at the pics the polymer stock looks, um, very plastic-y. Makes me think Airsoft. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Didn't mean to steal Ajole's thunder.
I was full of curiosity this morning.
It passed in one loud stinky fart, but by then it was too late and I'd already posted my response.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Did a little searching and found it: https://eaacorp.com/product/tanfoglio-appeal-rifle/
Website sez this: "Tanfoglio's first endeavor into the long gun market had its appeal. Hence, a modern, compact, rimfire bullpup rifle appropriately named "Appeal." This captivating rifle is more than just cool to look at, its completely ambidextrous, interchangeable, easy to use and best of all, affordable. Available in two great rimfire calibers, 22LR and 22 WMR, the Appeal bullpup comes with an elevated Picatinny top rail that is also removable and integral sling swivels."
Looking at the pics the polymer stock looks, um, very plastic-y. Makes me think Airsoft. YMMV.
Thats it. EAA Appeal in 22 WMR. I have lots of ammo for it and it gets great reviews, even with all that plastic...lol !!! Cant find one so have to wait a bit.

·
What the Hell was that?
634 Posts
Looking at a Mossberg 88 Security/Field combo. I used to have a Maverick and a Persuader, and wouldn’t mind another ‘Berg. Only problem (as usual) is finding ammo. Not alot of 12 or even 20’s around these days. Or maybe a Winchester wildcat, since they take 10/22 magazines that could be a big plus. Or i may just say to hell with it and just get another 10/22.....

·
Premium Member
21,073 Posts
Looking at a Mossberg 88 Security/Field combo. I used to have a Maverick and a Persuader, and wouldn't mind another 'Berg. Only problem (as usual) is finding ammo. Not alot of 12 or even 20's around these days. Or maybe a Winchester wildcat, since they take 10/22 magazines that could be a big plus. Or i may just say to hell with it and just get another 10/22.....
I have a Mossberg combo. Don't think it's a 88. A 500 of some type. Never loaded it let alone shot it. Can't get an extended tube for it either.

·
What the Hell was that?
634 Posts
I have a Mossberg combo. Don't think it's a 88. A 500 of some type. Never loaded it let alone shot it. Can't get an extended tube for it either.
Mine was pretty good. 7+1 cap was the best i could find, but if I remember correctly that was the longest 1 they made, not sure about now.

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
Mine was pretty good. 7+1 cap was the best i could find, but if I remember correctly that was the longest 1 they made, not sure about now.
My Maverick Security 8 is a 7+1 under a 20" barrel.
That new 590 Retrograde is 6+1 under an 18.5" barrel.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,813
@Dagwood Tanfoglio Witness are really nice firearms. I remember when they first started getting imported and they were dirt cheap!!!

$750 your starting to get up "near" Sig/FN/IWI dollars though (least before all this crap happened), but in my opinion they are one of the better pistols out there. Still cheaper than an H&K!!!

·
Premium Member
35,568 Posts
Speaking of Tanfoglio, saw this for sale at a new pawn shop in town. Witness steel compact in 10mm. https://eaacorp.com/product/tanfoglio-witness-compact/ It was new in the box asking $750.00. Fits my hand like a glove! Been wanting one for awhile.
Thats more than MSRP, and maybe more than some CZ's depending on model. But then...the panic insanity makes that moot, if the guns aren't on the shelf, or are priced based on demand.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Yep, price is relative and subjective. I've seen the Steel 10mm's going for around this price even before the Pandemic. The polymer frames go for a bit less. In my AO 10mm's are hard to come by. And of course Ammo... "Forget about it"! If you ain't already sittin on it, you probably ain't gettin it!

2801 - 2820 of 2916 Posts