Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

2861 - 2880 of 2917 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
are we getting a 1400.00 gun check this weekend?
Problem is can you find anything to feed them with?

Cut and paste from my account
$1,400.00 Share 03/17/2021 IRS TREAS 310

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,868 ·
If so, its gonna be a 2 gun shopping trip....or just 1....and as much ammo as i can find...
Man... just last year that could have gotten me two AKs and ammo easy, now I would be lucky if one... and "some" ammo if I could find it.

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
I got a bonus, but it was from the state. Nifty.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,872 ·
Saw something totally different today and it intrigued me!!! I actually was thinking this would be something right up Kirks alley also - space gun ish.

Its a Thunderstruck 22wmr S333:

hg1.JPG

Shoots 22 mag, but 2 at a time and supposedly can get off 8 rounds in 3 seconds. To me this thing could be nasty lol.

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
Saw something totally different today and it intrigued me!!! I actually was thinking this would be something right up Kirks alley also - space gun ish.

Its a Thunderstruck 22wmr S333:

Shoots 22 mag, but 2 at a time and supposedly can get off 8 rounds in 3 seconds. To me this thing could be nasty lol.
Don't do it. InRange TV tested one. Wouldn't stabilize, and literally could miss a torso target from 3 yards. Customer service was completely non-existent.

Reactions: Visper

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,875 ·
Don't do it. InRange TV tested one. Wouldn't stabilize, and literally could miss a torso target from 3 yards. Customer service was completely non-existent.
Thanks for the heads up, saw it last night while I was perusing GB and looking at all the silly prices!!

Looks like a cool ass idea though, maybe after some refinement aka gen 2 or 3.

Reactions: ajole

·
What the Hell was that?
644 Posts
Looking at a Hatfield SAS Tactical 12 gauge. Seen a few reviews and they’re all favorable. HOWEVER, i know very little about them, other than they’re Walmart specials. They’re also supposed to be a division of Kimber, which doesn’t do much for me. Has anybody had any experience with them, and are they worth a second look??

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,747 Posts
Honestly they look like any other low cost shotgun. Accessories like mag tube eextensions No clue. You would have to do a search online.

But if they are like the cheaper shotguns that come out of Turkey. They are probably good to go. I've bought several different kinds and never had any problems with them. In fact I would not have anything to bitch about them. Are they as good as a 500, or 870 in pump or as good a the other semi auto shotguns. Only time will tell with wear and tear.

Accessories are usually the weak link on them. But if your not a gear queer. Its not a issue on most.

Now go get it and tell me if I need the one in titanium

·
What the Hell was that?
644 Posts
Honestly they look like any other low cost shotgun. Accessories like mag tube eextensions No clue. You would have to do a search online.

But if they are like the cheaper shotguns that come out of Turkey. They are probably good to go. I've bought several different kinds and never had any problems with them. In fact I would not have anything to bitch about them. Are they as good as a 500, or 870 in pump or as good a the other semi auto shotguns. Only time will tell with wear and tear.

Accessories are usually the weak link on them. But if your not a gear queer. Its not a issue on most.

Now go get it and tell me if I need the one in titanium
I might. Right now it’s a tossup between the Hatfield, an EAA 612, and a Mossberg 88. My only real concern is my damn spine. Haven’t shot anything with Umph in awhile, and don’t know how my back will handle it. Guess we’ll see. Gonna borrow my stepsons 12 gauge this weekend and find out. I gotta love my wife, I didn’t even think of this when i started looking for new artillery.

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Been looking at the Taurus 856 Defender, I feel I need a longer grip after fondling an 856 ultra lite at the LGS.

Any new revolvers out there made in Turkey or the Czech Republic? They seem to have their shit in one sock when it comes to making firearms.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,880 ·
I might. Right now it’s a tossup between the Hatfield, an EAA 612, and a Mossberg 88. My only real concern is my damn spine. Haven’t shot anything with Umph in awhile, and don’t know how my back will handle it. Guess we’ll see. Gonna borrow my stepsons 12 gauge this weekend and find out. I gotta love my wife, I didn’t even think of this when i started looking for new artillery.
Is the EAA one the CZ 612? For the money those are pretty hard to beat. Most of the ones you mentioned are all along the same style, similar to the ones I got a few months ago. When I picked them up last October, I got a Dickson and a Garaysar Fear 120, one of those Turkish imports moonz was talking about. Got them for $200 and $250. Was just looking at the prices now and they have definitely jumped a little.

I think any of the three you have mentioned would be fine though.

2861 - 2880 of 2917 Posts