21,094 Posts
Anyone eyeing the S&W Shield 9 Plus?

Reactions: moona11

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Anyone eyeing the S&W Shield 9 Plus?
Yep.
I'm also eyeing Jennifer Lopez now too, since I've read she might become available.
Who am I kidding? Neither's gonna happen.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
What the Hell was that?
644 Posts
Is the EAA one the CZ 612? For the money those are pretty hard to beat. Most of the ones you mentioned are all along the same style, similar to the ones I got a few months ago. When I picked them up last October, I got a Dickson and a Garaysar Fear 120, one of those Turkish imports moonz was talking about. Got them for $200 and $250. Was just looking at the prices now and they have definitely jumped a little.

I think any of the three you have mentioned would be fine though.
Not sure, but it might be. I just gotta figure out which one i really want and if by back can handle the recoil. Lol

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,747 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
I swung by the LGS this afternoon just for chuckles, and they had just put a Shield 9 Plus on the shelf tagged at $599.
It felt great in my hand, and the double stack mag doesn't add much more width to the grip. If I was in the market for another 9mm, it would make my short list.

They also had a Hi-Point C9 on the shelf, priced at $199.

Reactions: retread

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,887 ·
Always wanted one of these, don't know why. They got a new batch in... this one gonna be hard to pass up. A piece of history, yes its a repro, but doubt I will ever get a real one...

mp-40.JPG

Reactions: Dubar and Dagwood

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,747 Posts
I have been looking at those too. I know they are made in Turkey, but the reviews i have watched seem positive. What do you think about the Vortex red dot that comes on the TP9SFX ?
I like all the vortex products. I get a very nice discount from them.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,747 Posts
Hook me up....lol 🙂
Sorry. As far as I know they only give LEO/MIL discounts. If you qualify its easy to get on the program.

·
What the Hell was that?
644 Posts
Well, so much for getting another shotgun. I got 2 rounds fired off, and no way i can do that again unless i wanna end up in the ER. Guess i gotta figure out something else. :(

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
Well, so much for getting another shotgun. I got 2 rounds fired off, and no way i can do that again unless i wanna end up in the ER. Guess i gotta figure out something else. :(
Semi auto full sized 20 or 28 gauge?

Or you can full retard and get a Judge or Governor....🤓

I wonder what it would be like to put a 16" barrel on one of those, like they did with the Rough Rider and some of the custom 500 S&W guns out there.

·
What the Hell was that?
644 Posts
I had thought about that, can’t find anything but 12ga 8’s. I figure I’ll hold off for a little bit, and give it some time and try again later. Worst case I’ll just get something smaller.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,896 ·

·
Premium Member
21,094 Posts
Canik's are nice pistols, can't believe you don't have one yet Moonz.
He probably has several. I know he has at least one. My TP9FSX or whatever the heck it is has a bunch of take up in the trigger before you hit the wall. The reset is fairly decent. I don't have any optics on it yet. Only had it out once. If I didn't have the recovering tweaker for a neighbor I would shoot it more.

I wonder if there is a better trigger out there for these.

2881 - 2900 of 2917 Posts