Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
2901 - 2920 of 2938 Posts

·
What the Hell was that?
685 Posts
Lmao, yeah, it’s a damn all metal airsoft. Turns out brand new, the price range is between $630-$1000. Guy wants $50.00 for it. Thinking about getting it and finding an airsoft gamer and trying to turn a profit. Or, worst case, turn the damn thing into a floor lamp, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8 Posts
He probably has several. I know he has at least one. My TP9FSX or whatever the heck it is has a bunch of take up in the trigger before you hit the wall. The reset is fairly decent. I don't have any optics on it yet. Only had it out once. If I didn't have the recovering tweaker for a neighbor I would shoot it more.

I wonder if there is a better trigger out there for these.
At least it has a wall... My S&W SD40 just goes.. back..back SURPRISE...BANG... you never really know when its gonna go off...lol. I have been looking at the Caniks with the Vortex optic already on it.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I'm looking at the Victory .22lr to shoot indoor competition next winter. Anyone have one? Thought? Comments? Other suggestions in the same price range? (about 360 in my AO)

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
I have 2 of them and ajole has one also. Great pistols and sooo simple of a take down. Easy to change a barrel if wanted. I highly recommend these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one in that Series are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I have 2 of them and ajole has one also. Great pistols and sooo simple of a take down. Easy to change a barrel if wanted. I highly recommend these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Fiber optics front sight, adjustable rear, 6" (?) fluted stainless barrel, unthreaded. I thought about the holo sight, but can't really spend the money on that right now. No idea what the model number would be

·
Premium Member
6,859 Posts
Green Fiber optics front sight, adjustable rear, 6" (?) fluted stainless barrel, unthreaded. I thought about the holo sight, but can't really spend the money on that right now. No idea what the model number would be
Here is all of them. Can you tell from this? Also, the one you looked at. New or used. Your price seems to be pretty low it looks like right now for a new one.

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts

Nope. Ajole has two, one threaded. Base models of each. I like the guns. $300 for the standard model about 2 years ago, $380 just two months back for the threaded. Never seen the target models or anything, so no idea what they should cost.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Here is all of them. Can you tell from this? Also, the one you looked at. New or used. Your price seems to be pretty low it looks like right now for a new one.
Target model with green fiber optics sight. It's new at Sportsman Warehouse and they had a tag of 385 on it IIRC.
Nope. Ajole has two, one threaded. Base models of each. I like the guns. $300 for the standard model about 2 years ago, $380 just two months back for the threaded. Never seen the target models or anything, so no idea what they should cost.
I imagine prices vary across the country. MSRP is 422 on the website.

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
View attachment 72965 Target model with green fiber optics sight. It's new at Sportsman Warehouse and they had a tag of 385 on it IIRC.

I imagine prices vary across the country. MSRP is 422 on the website.
That price for the upgrades you get in the target model is a GO in my book. You get two sets of grips, some trigger tweaks, and a few other little things.

Reactions: histed

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ve got a 10/22 takedown lite in a cart and a Springfield Saint 9.5” pistol in another cart, plus add ons for both, and just can’t decide which gets the card.....

Of course one cart is more $$$ than the other but that’s not the issue I’m having. Issues is do I need the AR pistol with the other options I have already available or do I need the 10/22 to fill the niche that isn’t yet in my collection?

Too bad this is a Highlander moment

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
I’ve got a 10/22 takedown lite in a cart and a Springfield Saint 9.5” pistol in another cart, plus add ons for both, and just can’t decide which gets the card.....

Of course one cart is more $$$ than the other but that’s not the issue I’m having. Issues is do I need the AR pistol with the other options I have already available or do I need the 10/22 to fill the niche that isn’t yet in my collection?

Too bad this is a Highlander moment
I'd buy the 10/22, assuming you have other AR's already. I can (did) build my own AR pistol(s).
And I'm the guy that thinks 10/22's are usually overpriced for what you get.

Reactions: mattman17

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd buy the 10/22, assuming you have other AR's already. I can (did) build my own AR pistol(s).
And I'm the guy that thinks 10/22's are usually overpriced for what you get.
Thanks for the input, I do have ARs covered already but no pistol and most people In my group say they are range toys at best which is why I haven’t gotten one as of yet. Had an old wood 10/22 in the 80’s so guess would be the upgrade for it from when I was a kid, def a high price but a solid item for sure in that takedown lite package. Basically twice the price over a base 10/22 currently but those don’t exist and the takedown is considered a Bull barrel and the takedown feature is worth the extra to my needs.

Appreciate you talking me off that ledge kind sir. ;).

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
I did an article on the site about the takedown. I really like the engineering. Mine was the base model blued with threaded muzzle, cost $300.

My AR pistols all have 10.5 or longer barrels, except the 9 mm. It had a 4" but that was silly, so I put a 7' barrel on that. That's a win over a braced pistol like the RONI Glocks, except for concealment. The 11" 300 BO makes sense for a suppressed gun, but the others are just shorter, barely lighter, AR's with a brace instead of a real stock. Not much of a win over a 16" carbine with a variable length stock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did an article on the site about the takedown. I really like the engineering. Mine was the base model blued with threaded muzzle, cost $300.

My AR pistols all have 10.5 or longer barrels, except the 9 mm. It had a 4" but that was silly, so I put a 7' barrel on that. That's a win over a braced pistol like the RONI Glocks, except for concealment. The 11" 300 BO makes sense for a suppressed gun, but the others are just shorter, barely lighter, AR's with a brace instead of a real stock. Not much of a win over a 16" carbine with a variable length stock.
IMG_4040.jpg

This is the model that is available, I’d still need to grab some optics for it as well. It is def over $300....

Yeah, most of the info I’ve read on 5.56/.223 performance says it drops after 16” which is why I never got into one. If I did it would be a 300BO but not trying to get into that caliber currently, it does seam to performer better out the short barrel. I’ll just grab my Sub2K instead since I don’t have the AR pistol and be happy with the 10/22 coming.

·
Premium Member
8,531 Posts
I sold my Charter Arms Off Duty .38 Special revolver back in the scourge of 2016.
Really hated that.

I'm looking at another 5-shot snubnose revolver, maybe a .357 magnum this time...

I've had great service from Taurus through the years - PT 92, PT 1911, Model 85.

We'll see.

eldar

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
They're supposed to be good, and they take Ruger mags, IIRC.
But the price is generally higher than I think it should be. Made in Turkey.

2901 - 2920 of 2938 Posts