Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
2961 - 2980 of 2989 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
I talked myself out of buying a Canik METE. It is a step up as far as mounting optics over my TP9FSX. However 2 different videos same complaint about mounting an optic on the METE. I will wait for the next generation.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
I talked myself out of buying a Canik METE. It is a step up as far as mounting optics over my TP9FSX. However 2 different videos same complaint about mounting an optic on the METE. I will wait for the next generation.
I haven't had any issues mounting optics on any Canick.

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
I haven't had any issues mounting optics on any Canick.
Mine if you mount one the rear sight has to come off. The new METE you can only do small optics yet the rear sight does stay on. Both reviews complained about that. I'm guessing they will fix that on the next version.

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
I'm going to buy a Ruger Mini 14.

eldar
Why? Mags are expensive, and aren't always reliable. The only reason I wanted one was I liked the M14. Not so much on that now that there is reliable AR10's.

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
Mine if you mount one the rear sight has to come off. The new METE you can only do small optics yet the rear sight does stay on. Both reviews complained about that. I'm guessing they will fix that on the next version.
They complained about having BUIS on a pistol?
Or they complained about only using small optics?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Why? Mags are expensive, and aren't always reliable. The only reason I wanted one was I liked the M14. Not so much on that now that there is reliable AR10's.
Oddly, on the range my Mini 14 is much more popular with females than any of my tactical rifles. Even females with experience on the AR (including military members) prefer the Mini. I'll be honest, I'm not sure why, it's fun to shoot, but not more so than any other .223/5.56, at least not to me. So there is at least a subset who prefer shooting it and I know several who shoot it much better than they do with an AR at the distances we shoot.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I owned one of the folding stock stainless steel models back in the last Century. It was sold so I could buy a Colt Delta Elite 10mm pistol. I sold that when I needed to have my '87 Cougar XR-7 engine worked on.

I will buy the Tactical Mini-14 - I like the new looks and improvements Ruger has made on the earlier models.

eldar

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
People bitch to bitch. Previous versions the rear sight needed to be removed. Now they fixed it even if it wasn't a real issue. Now they complain you can only use small dots. With the small optics you can still use the rear sight. What do you want a telescope for a pistol? With this set up I can carry it all day.
Product Automotive tire Gadget Machine Plastic

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Been thinking about the Beretta PX4 Storm. Saw one today pre owned. The reviews are good that I've seen. The rotating barrel intrigues me and I can't afford a Grand Power. The thing is hideous, but it feels great in the hand and the slide is super easy to rack. The price is right on the one I saw. Treefiddy with 2 15rd'ers. This ones the compact version.
Anyone got any experience with these? Don't really need another 9mm, but then again....

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
2Dagwood - After the 1st one, guns are never a matter of "need".

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
Been thinking about the Beretta PX4 Storm. Saw one today pre owned. The reviews are good that I've seen. The rotating barrel intrigues me and I can't afford a Grand Power. The thing is hideous, but it feels great in the hand and the slide is super easy to rack. The price is right on the one I saw. Treefiddy with 2 15rd'ers. This ones the compact version.
Anyone got any experience with these? Don't really need another 9mm, but then again....
I saw a recent review of that, it was like in a top 5 "most underrated" guns still made, TFB maybe? He gave it lots of praise...

I say grab it, that's like half price of MSRP?

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Nothing wrong w/ it, it's just thick b/c of the rotating bbl & it's devilishly difficult to suppress. Their carbine will take either the PX4 or 92 mags.

I'm waiting for HiPoint to bring out a .30 Super Carry model. 😆

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Nothing wrong w/ it, it's just thick b/c of the rotating bbl & it's devilishly difficult to suppress. Their carbine will take either the PX4 or 92 mags.

I'm waiting for HiPoint to bring out a .30 Super Carry model. 😆
It comes out the day after the yeet comes out

·
Premium Member
21,796 Posts
I saw a recent review of that, it was like in a top 5 "most underrated" guns still made, TFB maybe? He gave it lots of praise...

I say grab it, that's like half price of MSRP?
Firearms Guy on the tube of you has several videos on them. New series is his budget gun series.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Looking at the RIA/Armscorp 200 38 Special. Can't find one in stock locally to fondle. It's ugly enough and cheap enough - guess I'll wait and see if they come to a store near me.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,978 ·
Been looking at SKS rifles. Bid on a few on gunbroker, but no luck yet. Don't even know why I need to buy one, I just do.
Why???

Because it's an SKS!!!

They are tanks and fairly accurate rifles. You'll love it. Not as good as an AK but pretty damn close.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Been looking at SKS rifles. Bid on a few on gunbroker, but no luck yet. Don't even know why I need to buy one, I just do.
They are fun to shoot. Pretty darned accurate, built like a tank, and very dependable weapon to have.

Reactions: moona11
2961 - 2980 of 2989 Posts