Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
2981 - 2989 of 2989 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Looking at the RIA/Armscorp 200 38 Special. Can't find one in stock locally to fondle. It's ugly enough and cheap enough - guess I'll wait and see if they come to a store near me.
I bought 3 off gunbroker for cheap a few years ago. They are decent revolvers for the price. Nothing fancy though. Clean the packing grease out of them and they get alot smoother. OoL likes his also

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Thanks Moonz. My birthday is coming up, so....

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Why???

Because it's an SKS!!!

They are tanks and fairly accurate rifles. You'll love it. Not as good as an AK but pretty damn close.
In some practical ways, they're better than an AK. But they make little sense today other than as a collector. When they were under $100, they were great buys. Now they're just another no-longer imported mil-surp whose price will always increase, and you can own to appreciate the Soviets building a rifle they really wish they'd had in 1941 instead of 1945. I like them, and they were probably a better rifle for the era than any of the Western "battle rifles" in 7.62x51 - b/c, well, 7.62x51 is complete overkill for an infantry rifle, and the Europeans & Eugene Stoner knew that...

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
I saw this at my new favorite lgs in my new town and I'm crushing big-time. I think I must have it. Which means I must start reloading 45 long colt and 410, since both of those are mighty scarce these days.
I've wanted one myself - they're just cool. If you have a source of lead at your new place, get a .45 mold and cast your own bullets. .45 Colt LOVES lead bullets.

Reactions: moona11

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts
I saw this at my new favorite lgs in my new town and I'm crushing big-time.
I've loved those Rossi Circuit Judges for a long time, but I've always held back wondering how accurate a rifled barrel would do with shotgun shells at 30'.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
I've got the S&W Governor. Its a badass. It hates trap loads. They come out everywhere. But Everything else it loves. 45 colt is awesome with it and the SD 410 loads are brutal.

2981 - 2989 of 2989 Posts