Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
3101 - 3120 of 3129 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
I was looking at 6mm ARC uppers today. It's based on the 6.5 grendel but with better ballistics for longer range out to 1000yds. I'm already invested in the 6.5 grendel and it is more readily available, so I probably won't be switching anytime soon. It's just nice to see so many options for the AR15 platform without having to move up to the heavier AR10.
Whatever direction you are going availability of ammo is going to be the factor. Stock up on the ammo ASAP.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
I was looking at 6mm ARC uppers today. It's based on the 6.5 grendel but with better ballistics for longer range out to 1000yds. I'm already invested in the 6.5 grendel and it is more readily available, so I probably won't be switching anytime soon. It's just nice to see so many options for the AR15 platform without having to move up to the heavier AR10.
Food Ingredient Green Staple food Fast food
Food Ingredient Green Staple food Fast food

Take 2 of these and call me in the morning!! :D

I'm prolly gonna stay AR15 as well, unless the political/economic situation miraculously improves, and I just go AR10 or with the LCX/MCX stuff

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
I feel the same. Definitely when it comes to the new 30 super carry. I have .380, I have 9mm, why would I want to start stocking a new caliber.
Today, the gun I'm thinking about buying is a Grand Power K100 X trim. Their rotating barrel design is very interesting to me. I have a PX4 Storm and I dig it. The GP design is way less complicated than Berettas. The GP is definitly sexier than the PX4.
The problem with Grand Power is where to find one. I've only seen them for sale at gun shows. There's a gun show near me this coming weekend. I might see if I find one.

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Today the gun I'm thinking about buying is a SAR 9X. It looks like SAR has taken a page out of the Canik book and started offering more accessories and better styling. I have always been a fan of SAR. I've owned several. I've never owned a Canik and was thinking of getting one, but when I saw the 9X... I might be leaning more that way now. I'll let you know tomorrow what gun I'm thinking purchasimg then. It changes daily. Maybe I should stay off the internet... naah

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
Today the gun I'm thinking about buying is a SAR 9X. It looks like SAR has taken a page out of the Canik book and started offering more accessories and better styling. I have always been a fan of SAR. I've owned several. I've never owned a Canik and was thinking of getting one, but when I saw the 9X... I might be leaning more that way now. I'll let you know tomorrow what gun I'm thinking purchasimg then. It changes daily. Maybe I should stay off the internet... naah
Was it the SAR that customer service and warranty they sucked hind tittie?

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I haven't bought a gun since last November and I have the itch. Looking for a lever gun but don't really want to get into another caliber than what I have or hard to find caliber. So I'm thinking 22LR or 22 WMR.

I know ajole bought a Rossi Rio Bravo a while back (cause I searched!). I have their RB and RS 22LR rifles and thought the Rio Bravo might make a good addition.

So what's my choices for under $400-500???

·
Just a Man
14,263 Posts
You could just drop $3600 on an SP5
Almost bought a Zenith clone a few years ago...He was just asking a bit too much for my budget, but it was close

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I haven't bought a gun since last November and I have the itch. Looking for a lever gun but don't really want to get into another caliber than what I have or hard to find caliber. So I'm thinking 22LR or 22 WMR.

I know ajole bought a Rossi Rio Bravo a while back (cause I searched!). I have their RB and RS 22LR rifles and thought the Rio Bravo might make a good addition.

So what's my choices for under $400-500???
You might look for a Mossberg lever gun. Model 464, IIRC. They made regular ones, and the tactical thing people loved to hate. 30-30 or .22. They should be around $450 for the 30-30.

You MIGHT find a Browning .22 BLR for that price. The Rossi, obviously.

And……that’s about it.

Reactions: Dubar

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I was going to wait, but RK Guns had the Rossi for a good price ($289 includes tax and shipping, still have to pay $27 at the FFL, so $316 OTD) so I ordered it yesterday, the model same as yours. Should get it this week. Cheapest in town was $315 plus 6.5% tax and $2 fee, so almost $338 from the LGS and they would have had to order it because they had none on the shelf.

Then I saw they have a pump version, thought about it but don't like having to squeeze that trigger/release or whatever it's called in order to pump it.

When I searched, all I could find was either the Rossi or the Henry. Personally I feel the Henry guns are over priced, or at least more than I want to pay.

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
Yeah….I forgot the Henry. It’s like the Browning, to me. Good guns, but more expensive than they need to be, simply because people will pay for the name. On the other hand….they aren’t ridiculously overpriced like the Ruger 10/22.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Administrator
29,122 Posts
I'm kinda thinking about another AR. I don't need it, but I kinda want it.
I want an AR Pistol in 5.56 (I already have a 5.56 carbine)
I want a AR10 in .308
I want an AR15 in 6.5 Creedmore, just because I do, not because I think I could be good at long range.

I also want a .30SC chambered pistol.

I also want a .22TCM, just because.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
I want an AR15 in 6.5 Creedmore, just because I do, not because I think I could be good at long range.
That'd be sweet, but the 6.5CM is an AR10. Do you mean the 6.5 Grendel? I'd prolly just get a 224 Valkyrie and call it good, that has more range and fits the AR15 system perfectly (y)

·
Administrator
29,122 Posts
That'd be sweet, but the 6.5CM is an AR10. Do you mean the 6.5 Grendel? I'd prolly just get a 224 Valkyrie and call it good, that has more range and fits the AR15 system perfectly (y)
No, I meant the creedmoor. I don't want a valkyrie. I've not heard much good about it when it gets off the theoreticals and into the real world.
Maybe I do want the 6.5 Grendel. That seems neat.

Or maybe I want a .22 Creedmoor. :)

One of each!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

• Haha
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
No, I meant the creedmoor. I don't want a valkyrie. I've not heard much good about it when it gets off the theoreticals and into the real world.
Maybe I do want the 6.5 Grendel. That seems neat.

Or maybe I want a .22 Creedmoor. :)

One of each!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I'd get a lovely AR10 lower and then the 762x51, and the 6.5CM uppers.
But they claim the CM is a barrel burner, however, I bet one could mitigate that nicely with the right powders and such. YMMV as they say.

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
I'd get a lovely AR10 lower and then the 762x51, and the 6.5CM uppers.
But they claim the CM is a barrel burner, however, I bet one could mitigate that nicely with the right powders and such. YMMV as they say.
I have a "barrel burner" myself and have a problem with trying to "tame the burn." First, that usually means backing the velocity off buy using less power. I have what I have for varmints out to 400 yards, so cutting velocity makes no sense. If I wanted a .223, I'd have bought a .223, not turned my rifle into one. Second, Mole, how many rounds do you expect to shoot through the gun?Mine will, supposedly, eat the barrel in 4 to 5000 rounds. If I hunted prairie dogs, with hundreds of shots a day, that might mean something. I hunt ground swine and whitetail. In a good summer, maybe 250 shots max, including sighters. Buy the time I've "shot out" my barrel I'll be ready to quit hunting. So... either live with the possibility of having to change barrels once or twice or buy a caliber said to be easier on barrels - lots of choices out there. But don't buy a 10mm intending to turn it into a 40. That's my 0.02. Live long and prosper

3101 - 3120 of 3129 Posts