Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
3161 - 3180 of 3199 Posts

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
They remind me of Hi Points, except they are light. Plenty of Zamak, steel where it needs it, accurate, reliable, and a good price.

Their older pre 1970’s guns were wood and steel, seriously good rifles.
I think I said that.

Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
I have a collection of old Mossberg .22 rifles. All from about 1949 to 1951 According to my previous research. All the semi autos I have are very reliable and eat anything I feed them. in That respect they are very Hi Point’esque.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
I like everything Mossberg I have or have seen, EXCEPT that AR looking thing. the 715. I paid this same amount for my S&W 15/22 in fact...

Got mine at CDNN, and also at the same time fixed my Mole OCD and grabbed about 8-10 extra magazines 🤩 at great prices.

Attachments

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,164 ·
I like everything Mossberg I have or have seen, EXCEPT that AR looking thing. the 715. I paid this same amount for my S&W 15/22 in fact...
My Dad has one he bought 10 years ago? At least seems that long ago... The clam shell design makes cleaning it a pain in the ass...

It shoots OK, just ugly in my opinion.

I think he bought it for $99.00 or $119, right around there, so I guess for that much its OK...

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I’m not sure why no one else has gotten serious about challenging the 15-22 in it’s niche. Seems like an easy place to compete.

And the 15-22 is one of the favorites in any range session with the younger crowd. Neat rifles.👍
I think Tippman got serious, and a lot of people like them. There are also Colt M4 and HK416 replicas in .22lr. My first .22 was a Marlin 795, which I still have. I took it all apart, and polished everything and put Tech sights on it, and it does well, but it is nowhere near as fun, or easy to takedown and clean as the 15-22. It is slightly more accurate, but our 15-22s are accurate enough. My wife, daughter, and son each have a 15-22 they've customized. I decided to be different and try a myriad of different .22s just for the sake of being different. The 795 is great, but not as easy and quick to take down, gunks up faster, and the mags are a pain in the thumb to load. 15-22 mags a breeze. I bought a ATI M4-22. Complete garbage. I bought a Chiappa Rak-22, garbage. A Bear Creek Arsenal .22lr complete upper garbage. I bought a 1939 Mossberg 51 first series flatback. Needed work, poor design. Took my gunsmith 6 months to locate a useable part and still could only get it to run 70%. Had a Ruger 10-22, and nothing wrong with it, just didn't love it. I decided to give in and buy myself a 15-22 to keep in step with the others. In MD now, we can only legally buy Hbar AR15s, so the super lightweight 15-22 is a joy to shoot. It's funny that the number one complaint I hear about the 15-22 is it's plastic and too light, like a toy. That's one of the things I love about it. My gunsmith isn't fond of the Tippman. I asked about his reason and he kind of alluded it's made of cheap potmetal, without directly saying it. Not sure if they had many returned to his shop, but I do trust him, so I am keeping with the S&Ws now. My cousin has, or had, a Mossberg 715 tactical. We shot together once, and I guess it did ok, but shortly after he tried to offer me the 715 as a trade for something else of mine, adding mags and ammo, but I didn't want the 715. Not sure if he ever got rid of it, or still has it. My guess is he loved it until it was time to take it apart and clean it.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,166 ·
My cousin has, or had, a Mossberg 715 tactical. We shot together once, and I guess it did ok, but shortly after he tried to offer me the 715 as a trade for something else of mine, adding mags and ammo, but I didn't want the 715. Not sure if he ever got rid of it, or still has it. My guess is he loved it until it was time to take it apart and clean it.
Bingo!!!

Yeah it sucks... I remember going down to visit my parents about a year after he bought it. We went shooting and he brought it. It worked fine, no ftf, went bang every time. Like I said it's just ugly imo... went home and I was like "you ready to clean everything"? My dad said yeah, but can you help me with the Mossy... I knew from there it wasn't fun. It was the first time my Dad cleaned it beside oiling where he could see, using compressed air and running a rod down the barrel lol.

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
I bought a 1939 Mossberg 51 first series flatback. Needed work, poor design. Took my gunsmith 6 months to locate a useable part and still could only get it to run 70%.
Dude….it was made in 1939….you were lucky to EVER find a part!😂. Flat backs are rare, and they are their own animal for sure.👍

I have two of the 151’s, and about 8 other old Mossbergs. The 46’s are my favorites. They feel like centerfire bolt guns, so heavy duty and overbuilt.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
Dude….it was made in 1939….you were lucky to EVER find a part!😂. Flat backs are rare, and they are their own animal for sure.👍

I have two of the 151’s, and about 8 other old Mossbergs. The 46’s are my favorites. They feel like centerfire bolt guns, so heavy duty and overbuilt.
OLD SCHOOL!! (y)

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,169 ·
OK, what say you all... I can't decide.

My FFL got in a few Caniks. I have an old TP9 so I guess I am do for a newer model. The METE I really like because I can use RMSC optics and co-witness with the rear. My issue is get the two tone or all black... he has both and @ good prices. Let me know I told him I would reserve one within the hour... he going to hold one of each for me for now.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

I know TNT will say get them both... but No!!! I don't want the ATF showing up at my house lol. Which reminds me you guy see these videos?

Of course there is a how to video now on how to deal with them when they do show up:

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
That 2 tone looks better than the tungsten colored one I have. I do have the METE it is very purdy.

Here is the balls to the wall gun TP9 Elite Combat Locked and Loaded has them for $604-$609 when you email for the price. Custom threaded, match grade barrel, and trigger. Comes with 15, and 18rd mags.

It's a factory hot rod!

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,174 ·
Very nice, The price isn't bad either for what you get.

The Mete I can get for $450 OTD with a ton of crap:
Laptop accessory Electronic device Rectangle Gadget Font

My first one came with 2 mags... lol

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Thinking of getting a CX4 Storm. A friend just bought one but is really looking for a pistol. Wants to trade, just don’t know what I want to trade. I’ll keep ya all posted. It’d be a nice companion for my PX4 Storm. Also for my 995 with the ATI stock.

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Very nice, The price isn't bad either for what you get.

The Mete I can get for $450 OTD with a ton of crap:
View attachment 76324

My first one came with 2 mags... lol
Mete comes with a 18, and a 20. Look at the grip in the pic. I have the METE in that size, and the next step down. The next step down goes to work with me every day lately. I have to fuel at the nastiest truck stop in Nashville. Crackhead Central. I have an aftermarket IWB holster I can pop in and out easily.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,177 ·
Mete comes with a 18, and a 20. Look at the grip in the pic. I have the METE in that size, and the next step down. The next step down goes to work with me every day lately. I have to fuel at the nastiest truck stop in Nashville. Crackhead Central. I have an aftermarket IWB holster I can pop in and out easily.
Yeah, I have a crap ton of G19 types, G26's, G43s, 43X, Mossy, P365 and Hellcat... I don't need another carry lol but they are amazing pistols.

This one will be a full size, I think the Mete will be fine. Custom trigger, in the elite, their triggers are already great!!! How is the one with the custom trigger? I can't imagine a better stock one...

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,178 ·
Thinking of getting a CX4 Storm. A friend just bought one but is really looking for a pistol. Wants to trade, just don’t know what I want to trade. I’ll keep ya all posted. It’d be a nice companion for my PX4 Storm. Also for my 995 with the ATI stock.
Always wanted one of those, I think that is the main reason for the HTA stock on my 40.

Reactions: Dagwood

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Yeah, I have a crap ton of G19 types, G26's, G43s, 43X, Mossy, P365 and Hellcat... I don't need another carry lol but they are amazing pistols.

This one will be a full size, I think the Mete will be fine. Custom trigger, in the elite, their triggers are already great!!! How is the one with the custom trigger? I can't imagine a better stock one...
I need to run some more ammo through the Elite. It's been a while. Last time out my black G19, METE SFX, and the other Mete. The frame on the SFX is the same as the regular METE. Different upper.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
@Visper
I generally prefer BLACK, but both look good and I'm even thinking of any new guns outside the Black Box, so I'm just gonna say get the longest barrel and biggest mags, if there is any difference. 20 rounds in a full size 9mm is just so suh-weeet! 🔫

3161 - 3180 of 3199 Posts