3181 - 3199 of 3199 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
To all you enablers out there - I'm looking at a RIA M200 revolver. I like the look and feel, not so keen on the Cold style release. RK in State College had them for just under $250, so I think the price is good. I think of these as the Hi Point of revolvers - which I argued in an article a couple of years back. So, since then, anyone know of a good reason for me NOT to buy one?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
To all you enablers out there - I'm looking at a RIA M200 revolver. I like the look and feel, not so keen on the Cold style release. RK in State College had them for just under $250, so I think the price is good. I think of these as the Hi Point of revolvers - which I argued in an article a couple of years back. So, since then, anyone know of a good reason for me NOT to buy one?
Wow, thanks for reminding me, Check RKGUNS I think it was less than that, not sure, but when I saw it in store, amd held it... 🤩

I should go back and look again, but that's usually all it takes! :love:

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Wow, thanks for reminding me, Check RKGUNS I think it was less than that, not sure, but when I saw it in store, amd held it... 🤩

I should go back and look again, but that's usually all it takes! :love:
With the Gun Ban just passed in the HROUS, Mama gave her OK to add another child to the household, so... Yeah, Mole, that's all it takes. Just don't want to foul this one up

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,187 ·
We don't enable... anyway if the wife OK'd adding another to the stable make it a Thoroughbred not a mule :p
But yeah they are decent revolvers. That price is good especially considering the times...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like the M1 Carbine. I own two: a Universal I've had for maybe 15 years, and a gen-u-wine Rock-Ola (from the Ethiopian stash).
Don at Sootch00 reviewed the Chiappa M1-9, which is the M1 carbine in 9 mm. If I were to add to my accumulation today, that's what I'd buy.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I really like the M1 Carbine. I own two: a Universal I've had for maybe 15 years, and a gen-u-wine Rock-Ola (from the Ethiopian stash).
Don at Sootch00 reviewed the Chiappa M1-9, which is the M1 carbine in 9 mm. If I were to add to my accumulation today, that's what I'd buy.
Sootch00 is a nice guy, but he never met a gun he didn't love. I like his prepper channel better.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
On the other hand, I heard that you never met a glunk that you didn't hate 😁
This is true. Despise the 2x4 grips and they're butt ugly. That said, wouldn't tell someone not to buy one if THEY like it

• Haha

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
I own the Citadel .22 shaped like an M1, which is the Chiappa brand for those guns. I also own a Chiappa 1873 SAA in .17 HMR. My opinion is….don’t buy anything by Chiappa.

Unless they did something different or better for the 9 mm, I’d give it a hard pass.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
I own the Citadel .22 shaped like an M1, which is the Chiappa brand for those guns. I also own a Chiappa 1873 SAA in .17 HMR. My opinion is….don’t buy anything by Chiappa.

Unless they did something different or better for the 9 mm, I’d give it a hard pass.
Ummm
I bought my Dad one for like his 80th birthday... he never shot it, and neither did I. But I was going to give it to his youngest grandson, as a keepsake. But he will obviously be wanting to shoot it, he's 19 and wants his first handgun already.
What to do, @ajole

We can of course test it here, the lad and his mother are arriving in 2 weeks!

PS: I read that the Chiappa RHINO is pretty solid. Any experience?

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Ummm
I bought my Dad one for like his 80th birthday... he never shot it, and neither did I. But I was going to give it to his youngest grandson, as a keepsake. But he will obviously be wanting to shoot it, he's 19 and wants his first handgun already.
What to do, @ajole

We can of course test it here, the lad and his mother are arriving in 2 weeks!
Which did you buy? A revolver or a rifle?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
I'm aware of the blowback problem with the open top. Powder fragments come out, but there is a deflector one can purchase...

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
36,857 Posts
Sorry, 22lr M1 replica.
Yeah. It runs good, kinda cheap with the plastic parts, but the open top likes to spit crap at you. WEAR EYE PRO!
I’m not sure how long it would last in serious use. But it does fine for general plinking.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,880 Posts
Yeah. It runs good, kinda cheap with the plastic parts, but the open top likes to spit crap at you. WEAR EYE PRO!
I’m not sure how long it would last in serious use. But it does fine for general plinking.
I'll tell the kid boy these things. I knew about the open top before I bought it, and informed Dad. He wanted an M1 like he had in the Cold War, but those were crazy high at the time so I got a replica. He thought it was cool, despite never shooting it.

3181 - 3199 of 3199 Posts