Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
3201 - 3212 of 3212 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
I'm wanting a RIA M 200 .38 Special. At $250 it would make a great woods gun - kinda like a Hi Point, but lighter and not as ugly.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,917 Posts
I’ve been thinking a lot about the SDS (Tisas) 1911’s. Been hearing good things. Do I need another 45? No, not really. Do I need another 9mm? No. Another 10mm? Maybe.
been thinking about the Hamerli AR-15 22 rifles too. Do I need another 22? No, not really. Been thinking about the GForce GF12AR as well. Now there’s something I don’t have. Hmmm
there’s a gun show tomorrow. Let’s see what the day brings…
VR60 AR12, I strongly endorse!!
GTG or good to go!!

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
Kinda light on OOMPHA for a Woods Gun, just saying
In my AO, not so much, Mole. We do have black bears, but they're usually pretty shy of people (unless it's mama and cubs in the spring). Coyotes are the biggest pain here. I'm thinking more of shot shells for rattlers and copperheads, which we do havve where I hunt, and/or the occational coyote who gets over friendly. +P .38 semi wadcutters should be good for my cousins

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,917 Posts
In my AO, not so much, Mole. We do have black bears, but they're usually pretty shy of people (unless it's mama and cubs in the spring). Coyotes are the biggest pain here. I'm thinking more of shot shells for rattlers and copperheads, which we do havve where I hunt, and/or the occational coyote who gets over friendly. +P .38 semi wadcutters should be good for my cousins
BearZ are cousins of BullDawgZ?

😁 😁

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
So, I went to the gunshow today and didn’t find anything I absolutely couldn’t live with out. It was kind of a gong.
the only thing that got me a little excited was a Bauer .25 auto. This thing was tight and right and super clean. The only downer was the price. They were asking $325.00. I passed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ZIGANA PX-9 Gen 3 9mm. No manual external safety, uses readily available Sig P226 20 round magazines, and swing down lever for easier disassembly. I nearly butchered my finger disassembling my canik. But my 1911 and self modded Glock 30s are much easier to disassemble for me, too. Also, I can get a +2 magazine adapter from Meggar for any 18 round magazines I encounter, too.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
I love Turkish guns, I’ve owned many. Personally I like the style of the SAR line better. I really liked my Girsan MC28 SA-T. It has the same flip down take down lever. That Gen 3 looks almost exactly like the XDm.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There was a cougar sighting in a place we were about to hike. I kept thinking what if my 380 is not enough?
Since I have a Haskell JS and ammo, started thinking I need to get another 45 for conceal.

Found some deals on a Kahr CW45 and Springfield XDS, leaning more towards the Kahr for the larger grip and uses 1911 magazines like the Haskell, and in the future buy a 1911.

·
Premium Member
22,271 Posts
There was a cougar sighting in a place we were about to hike. I kept thinking what if my 380 is not enough?
Since I have a Haskell JS and ammo, started thinking I need to get another 45 for conceal.

Found some deals on a Kahr CW45 and Springfield XDS, leaning more towards the Kahr for the larger grip and uses 1911 magazines like the Haskell, and in the future buy a 1911.
Single stacks for the woods in .45? Naw a Glock 30 is a really nice choice for me. I wonder if they have the Gen5 out yet? I have a G4. Bought it cheap as a barely used rental gun.

·
Premium Member
36,948 Posts

Cougars are thin skinned, a .22 mag was the gun of choice for most hunters. A 380 would probably work.

But hunting isn’t the same as defense. I’d want velocity, and capacity. NOT a conceal gun, I’d want a duty gun, 15-20 rounds of 9mm, 40, 42, 45….whatever works. For me, it would be the 10 mm. I don’t want to get mauled by a dying cat, I want it dead before it can touch me.
Revolvers would also work….but I want more than one.

3201 - 3212 of 3212 Posts