Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
3261 - 3280 of 3290 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,261 ·
I've been trying to not impulse buy this year. It hasn't gone well. This year I reduced the inventory of many impulse buys that have had low round counts for far too long. My reduction plan year to date is in the positive column. That said I keep finding guns that scratch an itch I've had for a long time.

Current itch is a pistol caliber carbine. That is how I ended up on this site. Much to the disappointment that is sure to follow from Mrs.Talon I'll likely get a 4595 this week. So that is what I'm thinking of buying today.

I just need to find money for both a bathroom remodel that I promised the missus and another gun for me. Not to mention Christmas for the kids is just around the corner. Maybe I'll sell that Finnish Mosin that I bought 2 years ago and only shot once....
Mosin prices are crazy compared to when I bought mine. Might be a good idea if your not into those.

I hear ya on everything else though, Christmas is coming super fast this year...

Reactions: TalonII

·
Registered
865 Posts
Got my eye on an ATI Nomad break action 20 gauge single shot. About $100 depending upon source. Do I need one? No. Do I actually have purpose for having one? No. Do I want one? Yes. Is that a good enough reason to buy one? F'n-a yes!

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
I've been trying to not impulse buy this year. It hasn't gone well. This year I reduced the inventory of many impulse buys that have had low round counts for far too long. My reduction plan year to date is in the positive column. That said I keep finding guns that scratch an itch I've had for a long time.

Current itch is a pistol caliber carbine. That is how I ended up on this site. Much to the disappointment that is sure to follow from Mrs.Talon I'll likely get a 4595 this week. So that is what I'm thinking of buying today.

I just need to find money for both a bathroom remodel that I promised the missus and another gun for me. Not to mention Christmas for the kids is just around the corner. Maybe I'll sell that Finnish Mosin that I bought 2 years ago and only shot once....
4595 is very expensive to feed. A 995TS is very potent and cheaper to run.

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
@Visper I did some research on that $200 12 gauge. Pass. It is a range toy that malfunctions too much to be anything serious. Onward with debt reduction for me!

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,265 ·
@Visper I did some research on that $200 12 gauge. Pass. It is a range toy that malfunctions too much to be anything serious. Onward with debt reduction for me!
Yeah, unfortunately, most of those AR type 12GA semi-autos all act the same way... gimme a good pump action any day!!

Was hoping it would be different though lol

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts

Have your local Tractor Supply, BigR, etc order your 4595 and buy some building materials along with it. You can bury the cost in the job receipts.

·
Premium Member
37,308 Posts
There you go. Really, sweetie pie…a Hi Point 4595 is just a water saving flush valve….it’s the codes, you have to have it.

·
Registered
Guns that go pew pew pew
39 Posts
@Visper according to GB completed auctions I could make at least $200. Nutz!

@TNTRAILERTRASH I'll need to fire up my single stage rock chucker. I maybe have enough components for 1k rounds. I'm weak on powder. I've got a bunch of 230 gr. cheap copper clad bullets. They are soft (too soft) I wonder if they'd feed...

I'm thinking of claiming early Santa gift for me with the 4595. I've got a great wife; I'll get The Look, but no harping. Cuz I will make headway on the toilet room. I know how to work this. I do it a lot....;)

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
4595's are rated to feed mud balls. In my experience the ProMag 14rd are very reliable. I have 2 20rd Reballs I bought used of a member here. Haven't tried them. My .45 inventory is low.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
4595's are rated to feed mud balls. In my experience the ProMag 14rd are very reliable. I have 2 20rd Reballs I bought used of a member here. Haven't tried them. My .45 inventory is low.
I'm about to find out how reliable the 15 rnd ProMags are in the .4095, I grabbed 4x on closeout at Tulsa for $5 ea, gave em to a customer on Friday. He's got several K of .40 S&W saved up, we'll see how he likes em.

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
I'm about to find out how reliable the 15 rnd ProMags are in the .4095, I grabbed 4x on closeout at Tulsa for $5 ea, gave em to a customer on Friday. He's got several K of .40 S&W saved up, we'll see how he likes em.
#4 mag in .40 for me almost always has a problem. First round. A smack on the bottom of it and it always runs. I have a JCP, haven't tried them in it. It only went to the range (used) once the day I bought it. The 14's work in the JHP.

What version of the mags did you get? Model number.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
#4 mag in .40 for me almost always has a problem. First round. A smack on the bottom of it and it always runs. I have a JCP, haven't tried them in it. It only went to the range (used) once the day I bought it. The 14's work in the JHP.

What version of the mags did you get? Model number.
Dunno, already gave em to the customer. Should we get Thing a JCP for Christmas so he can get to work on a 1911 mag catch? There's not nearly the variety of mag types in .40 as there are in .45 for the 1911.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,897 Posts
Got my eye on an ATI Nomad break action 20 gauge single shot. About $100 depending upon source. Do I need one? No. Do I actually have purpose for having one? No. Do I want one? Yes. Is that a good enough reason to buy one? F'n-a yes!
Post a link if you find a good price, OK?

I have an old Winny that needs a firing pin refurb, could be the spring or pin or both. But I have a good bit of ammo... u know, that Mole OCD thing 😜

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
My friend has an AR chambered in 50 Beowulf. He’s thinking about selling it. I really hadn’t thought about that caliber, ever. what do you guys think about it? Anyone here familiar with or own a firearm chambered in this round? I must admit, the thought just crossed my mind and I haven’t researched it at all. I probably won’t buy it, but he may be interested in a trade. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
9,827 Posts
Thinking about getting the Rossi RS22. Rural King has them for $98.99 and there's a $25 rebate making it a $73.99 purchase. Because I really need another .22LR rifle, NOT!! But I'll prolly do it anyway.

·
Registered
Guns that go pew pew pew
39 Posts
My friend has an AR chambered in 50 Beowulf. He’s thinking about selling it. I really hadn’t thought about that caliber, ever. what do you guys think about it? Anyone here familiar with or own a firearm chambered in this round? I must admit, the thought just crossed my mind and I haven’t researched it at all. I probably won’t buy it, but he may be interested in a trade. Thoughts?
I have not heard that caliber mentioned in a lonnnngg time. I seem to somewhat recall reading about it in the gun mags a couple decades ago. But since I rolled over 50 a few years ago and had the kung flu last year my memory has gone to shit. So sorry I don't remember if the ballistics looked interesting or not.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
My brother has a .458 SOCOM. If you reload, and hunt bears, .50 B is an ideal round. If you have a chiropractic practice, it's an ideal round for your future customers to play w/ on Range Day. If you want to put a grin on teenager's faces, it's an ideal round for that. Brass is expensive, hunting bullets for reloading are shared w/ the S&W, I believe, so the cost has come down a little but still expensive.

If you just want to hunt w/ an AR & want something more than 6.5/6.8/.300/7.62x39mm, get a .350 Legend.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Post a link if you find a good price, OK?

I have an old Winny that needs a firing pin refurb, could be the spring or pin or both. But I have a good bit of ammo... u know, that Mole OCD thing 😜
$94.19. Great price. I've seen a few vids that say the trigger is crap. Probably so. But its $94 bucks

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
37,308 Posts
Thinking about getting the Rossi RS22. Rural King has them for $98.99 and there's a $25 rebate making it a $73.99 purchase. Because I really need another .22LR rifle, NOT!! But I'll prolly do it anyway.
Do it. They are accurate, light, ergonomic rifles. Everything the 10/22 isn’t, at half the cost.

3261 - 3280 of 3290 Posts