Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heckler & Koch's MP5 has always been my true dream gun. I realize I could buy a car for the price of what I would pay for one but it would be worth it. I have always been told by dealers that they do not make a civilian model that is semi-automatic only. That being said, I realize I would need an FFL in order to ever get one.

However... According to the Gun Digest Book of Assault Weapons 4th Edition (page 28) H&K actually does make a model called the MP5SF that is semi-automatic. Can anyone confirm this or tell me where I could legally obtain one ? Has anyone ever seen one? Any other additional information about this mythical MP5SF would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Vektor is shit, get a Caharie Arms.

If your having trouble trying to find that MP5SF....call it an HK94 and see what you can find then.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
That reminds me... My dad was at a gunshow in Dallas TX in the early 90s and he said they had MP5s there for 1600 bucks a pop... he still kicks himself for not getting a couple.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys thank you for all that valuable information. Somehow over the years I have managed to completely miss the fact that people make nice looking knock-offs. I think they are all three affordable I just have to decide which one is most dependable..
I did find some negative info regarding Coharie Arms a.k.a. Special Weapons so I probably won't be considering that route. You can read it here http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/055/ripoff0055501.htm

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If you want the real deal, the gun your referring to is an HK94. Its a civi legal, 16 incher with a semi-auto trigger group.

I've personally shot both Vektor and Coharie...and a real MP5. Coharie was my choice, the MP5 was (dare I say "gay") sure it was fun, but a waste of ammo.

Check this place out if your looking for a clone.

http://hkpro.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Back in the days before the imported "non-sporting rifle" ban, HK sold a semi auto MP5 with long bbl as the HK94. It seems most were later converted into the MP5 short bbl configuration, very rare to find an original 94 these days and they are damn expensive. Back before the 86 machine gun ban anyone could pay the tax and convert any semi auto back to the full auto configuration. HKs were popular because the modular nature of the trigger groups allowed one to own a single "conversion pack" that was the registered MG and then swap it onto multiple rifles as desired. When the ban was passed there was a small window of (IIRC) 30 days or so before it actually went into effect and manufacturers cranked out as many conversion devices as they could manage as they knew they could never make any more for sale.

The HK series of rifles used a different attachment method for the trigger housing between the semi and full auto versions. The FA models used a pushpin at the front of the trigger housing to secure it, the semi replaced this with a mounting shelf. This prevents you from just sticking an unregistered FA pack in your semi. The HK MP5SF is actually a full auto MG (pushpin receiver) that has a semi auto only trigger pack installed. They are for sale to Gov and LE only that don't want their personnel to have a machine gun but like the short carbine concept.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Bobcat and Coharie are the top conversion makers you can buy in the States...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Can't say as anyone I know who was issued one in the Navy would have called the MP5N (gay)
Hand it to someone who has never shot one before. He takes aim, taps the trigger and empties the mag and hits everything BUT the target in less than a second.

In my opinion...thats a waste of ammo. And therefore. I think its gay.

The gun itself it coo, I'm a die hard HK fan, probably more than anyone else on these boards. And yes, I stand by my above statement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.