Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the H&R 922 have a half cock to load and drop spent rounds. i handled one the other day that had tight lock up and seem to be in great condition, but did not half cock to spin the cylinder to drop spent rounds..... is that typical? i assume that since i has a side load port that it may be broken.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The 922 was a very "budget friendly" firearm. Downside was that you had to remove the cylinder for loading and unloading. You used the cylinder pin to push out the spent cartridges, reload the cylinder, install the cylinder, then re-install the pin.

I've handled one and liked it at the gunshow but I wan't gonna throw down $225. I'm always on the prowl for more Harrington Richardsons 8)

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool deal, so it does not have the half cock mechanism? This one was 125 plus tax. About 95% blueing. Pretty good deal?

·
Registered
250 Posts
No half cock that I know of and I wouldn't pass it up for that price. The last H&R I got was a 929 for $100 missing the rear adjustable sight and 80% overall, so I'd say $125 for a 95% 922 is good. Besides its a nine shot revolver - how many of those do you think you'll ever see :D

BTW, most of these guns spent their lives in grandads underwear drawer so getting a lightly used one seems typical and collectors like me are really growing in numbers.

Pics?

Mike

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
No half cock that I know of and I wouldn't pass it up for that price. The last H&R I got was a 929 for $100 missing the rear adjustable sight and 80% overall, so I'd say $125 for a 95% 922 is good. Besides its a nine shot revolver - how many of those do you think you'll ever see :D

BTW, most of these guns spent their lives in grandads underwear drawer so getting a lightly used one seems typical and collectors like me are really growing in numbers.

Pics?

Mike
Right NO half cock.

I got my 929 from my wife's uncle back in 1989 when he died. It has stayed in the gun safe except when taking it out and shoot it about 50 rounds in the last twenty years. When I am gone, it will go to my son and probably stay in his gun safe until he passes it on. :D Oh, it is in perfect condition. ^-^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.