Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious how many other HPFFers have similar local stories???

Here's mine... (some friends in the med ind. locally have said we've had "cases" in Dubuque for a few weeks now)...

from our local paper...

BREAKING NEWS: Two eastern Iowa men killed by H1N1 flu Deaths mark the second and third such fatalities in state Erik Hogstrom

Two eastern Iowa men have died from H1N1 influenza. The Iowa Department of Public Health confirmed the deaths - the second and third fatalities associated with the influenza in the state. Both men had personal factors that could have put them at higher risk for H1N1-related complications. The cases are not related. Iowa law... Read the article…

==============
Monday, September 28, 2009
Two eastern Iowa men killed by H1N1 flu
Deaths mark the second and third such fatalities in state
ERIK HOGSTROM

Two eastern Iowa men have died from H1N1 influenza.

The Iowa Department of Public Health confirmed the deaths - the second and third fatalities associated with the influenza in the state.
Both men had personal factors that could have put them at higher risk for H1N1-related complications.

The cases are not related. Iowa law prohibits the department from releasing any additional information that could lead to the identification of the persons who died.

"Iowans of all ages and in every part of the state should take precautions to prevent getting or spreading the virus," said Dr. Patricia Quinlisk, the department's medical director. "These precautions include getting the seasonal influenza vaccine now, and when appropriate, being vaccinated for the H1N1 virus."

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
There have been a few confirmed cases here, but no deaths.

·
Registered
445 Posts
We have had 4 confirmed deaths in the "Greater Cincinnati area", which covers about 10 counties, in three states, with over 1 million pop.

In that same time we have had more than that beaten to death, 10-15 stabed, 4-5 shot and several dozen traffic fatalities. H1N1 is way down the list of big killers at this point.

There are a bunch of sick people, they are simply NOT dying like flies. I was in a school yesterday and we had about 20% out sick. The building was full of substitute teachers due to the regular staff being home taking care of sick kids.

I caught the stuff 2 weeks ago and the Dr was shocked. I was the only middle aged person she had seen come down with the H1N1! Only reason I caught it was that my immune system is stress shocked. It went into Phneumonia last week but they knocked it out with antibiotics.

I did not fool around with it. As soon as I knew I was running a fever I got to the Dr. They wasted no time waiting to see what was going to happen. Agressive treatment is saving lives.

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
We have had 4 confirmed deaths in the "Greater Cincinnati area", which covers about 10 counties, in three states, with over 1 million pop.

In that same time we have had more than that beaten to death, 10-15 stabed, 4-5 shot and several dozen traffic fatalities. H1N1 is way down the list of big killers at this point.

There are a bunch of sick people, they are simply NOT dying like flies. I was in a school yesterday and we had about 20% out sick. The building was full of substitute teachers due to the regular staff being home taking care of sick kids.

I caught the stuff 2 weeks ago and the Dr was shocked. I was the only middle aged person she had seen come down with the H1N1! Only reason I caught it was that my immune system is stress shocked. It went into Phneumonia last week but they knocked it out with antibiotics.

I did not fool around with it. As soon as I knew I was running a fever I got to the Dr. They wasted no time waiting to see what was going to happen. Agressive treatment is saving lives.
Dang it you've infected the forum. Now were all gonna get sick. Thanks a lot buddy.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i tend to think as long as we steer clear of the caccine we'll be fine. At worst maybe sick for a few days.

Daved, keep an eye on your neighbor Steve King, i'm still hoping he'll pen a sequell so the Dark Tower series, or sell movie rights... take 'im some chicken soup or sumthin... ;)

gadz cliffhanger, maybe they should pass around the flu virus, it might keep peo sick enough to lower the death toll of crime-related demise?
Glad to hear you are shaking the bug though!! Keep on it!

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I'll be sure to stop in and see how he's doing. :D

I see him out walking every now and again. As far as "celebrities" go, he's a good one to have around. Keeps to himself and donates a sh*tload of time and money to the local community (scholarships, public library, built a baseball park for local kids, etc).

Edit, had to share this:

I went to high school with Stephen King's nephew, Jon. My senior year, he was in an advanced English class with me and we were reading a Stephen King book (can't remember which one). I don't think the teacher knew that this particular student was Stephen King's nephew. We had to interpret some parts of the book and the teacher called on Jon. Jon gave his opinion and the teacher disagreed. Jon says, "Well, my uncle wrote the book and that's what he told me." Game, set, match.

[/thread jack]

·
Registered
238 Posts
we have it in my kids schools . she has diabetits also . so im a little scared . but nothing we can do now its so wide spread im a fraid the majority of population will have it by years end.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good story Daved! Good to hear he's a citizen too!!

--
so if H1N1 wasn't enough, now we have to worry about infections via Chili's "curry" virus? :blink: ;)
--
Sorry to hear that Mr.40, make sure she keeps those hands washed & stuff, stays rested, etc!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well it's starting here now.they are going to be giving out the H1N1 vaccinations
here in GA but they wont tell which doctor's offices or hospitols will be giving them.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they've been mentally prepping us too. Blurbs in the paper, letters from the Health Dept., wanna make sure we have swallowed the whole cup of kool-aid before they introduce the problem they are so anxious to 'solve' for us??

Supposed to be giving us info next week.

·
Registered
792 Posts
That's messed up they are giving this s#@t to kids as well and in a nasal spray form.i noticed all topics had atleast 1
comment except that one,strange.if i lttook my child to get that or if i let them come and give it to me or her,then
i would be killing my own child!It's on somekind of instinct is kicking in.dont be shocked if you see on the news that
some zombies got the crap beat out them than 2 in the chest and 1 in the head!oh by a loose mental patient off
his drugs as they would probably put it. :cantlook:

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Sorry folks. People DO NOT die from the flu, they die from complications due to other health problems. Healthy people catch the flu and live. The ones with other problems have a tougher time at it. Mainly those with respitory ailments and low immunes

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
If you have people in your household who are in a high risk category it's past time to prep, BUT get some extra food and water etc and what meds you can get and try to cut your contact with others as much as possible. Wallgreens are selling masks that MIGHT work on this virus if you want to get some and keep some handy as well as latex gloves etc also get some Lysol spray and if you or yours get sick start cleaning counter tops etc with the spray Lysol will kill alot of germs.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thanks alot for the advice shooterz.my mom has diabeties and me and my chils nose hase benn running more and more,maybe nothing
but i will be sure to get these item's.like i said i will not let NO ONE anywhere try to force me of my family to take this h1n1 shot.i heard
the forum here i think or somewhere else that they may be putting this into the normal flu shot as well so im avoiding that as well.im trying to find allternatives for any flu symptons.NWO POPULATION CONTROL!i dont know what my future holds for me or my family while im still here in this world but belive me i will do everything with what little i have to make as big of a pyle of zombies as i can no longer able to try to eat us if they come and advance to my house before i can leave to go somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
A friend of mine and his whole family had it. Noone died thank god. That was in El Paso, TX. He is now known as the "OUTBREAK MONKEY" here at work lol

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
there's agood bit around here too. But we also don't have the vaccine yet (not the H1N1 or the seasonal) cuz of a gvt glitch by the folks who want to run our health care sys. maybe the whole thing will blow-over b4 they can save us? HAHA

1 - 20 of 33 Posts