Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night I went to my friends house since I have to work today and we had a little celabration for the 4th. When he found out I had bought a Hi-Point he said that it was the worst damn pistol that was made on the American Market. My wife spoke up and said she like it because it didn't have as much kick as my Glock 9mm. He continued to down play the Hi-Point as an unsafe gun and how it's nothing compaired to his s&W's his Glocks, his Rugars, his tanfiglio and others. I looked at him and said,but the key thing is I like it.and it was cheap. Then he went on to bash the shop that sold it to me. (now that I can handle.) He just wants me and anyone around him to think the same way he does. And I'm sorry I don't.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
gun snobs, they're all the same. lol. I see the HP pistols for their merits and just chuckle at the people who think they are pos's who have never shot or handled one.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Keep the faith OCDC, nothing anyone says about a Hi-Point can be taken with any faith until they either own one or have shot one. Most people change their tune once either of those things happen.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
start bashing S&W and glocks then....then base it on word of mouth like he apparently did. See if he understands.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
yeah those glocks, especially the .40's are a real death trap. They'll go KABOOM in your hands. Better hope you've got a wife, you won't be wankin for a lonnngg time! :lol:

·
Registered
581 Posts
yup...... sorry guns those Hi Points. my son took his chl class with mine, the highest score in the class of 15. and no ftf or any other problem. man they are sorry guns. that is why I have 6 of them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No its not the Glocks chambered in .40 SW its the Glock 37 in .45 GAP that keeps on blowing up. Let me do a little research and I'll get you a real story about it. If my memory doesnt fail me it was out of Flordia.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
People think way to highly of Glocks, the sad thing is that it might get someone in trouble some day.

This thread also brings up another point. Do firearms not have to meet some sort of minimum safety requirement in order to be sold? Just like some vehicles are manufactured to higher standards than others, they still all have to meet the same basic safety requirements to be sold.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hang in there. Another easy fix is to join a Glock, S&W, and XD group. Start sending him links to problems they are having. 3 or 4 a day should about do it.

It's a device. It can break. It can fail. It needs to be cared for. Care to guess which gun I'm talking about????? :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
A friend of mine had a little problem with his duty piece.During his anual qualifying rounds the frame on his GLOCK 40 cal. split. down the middle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ocdc: relax, amigo. This stuff happens all the time, esp the bashing of Hi-Point. Now here is some ABC type info for you to digest: If us, all of us here, actually had an inkling that a Hi-Point would Kaboom, do you think we would own one? Granted, as others have stated: its mechanical, and mechanical things do break down. Thats a fact of life there. I am not going to send you on a chase to find out about other firearms "kaboom" incidents, for I am not about that, as I like alot of different firearms, not just one, or one type. My intent, is for you to have an open mind, accept the fact that this is going to happen to all of us (the bashing part), but we chin up, ignore, and prove them wrong.

Welcome to the club man!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That tears it, Im selling my 4095! Too many bad comments from clueless people.......

You know damn well Im kidding, right? I think its a nice design and everyone I have showed it to has been impressed and blown away at the price.

I should have a range report up monday, it will be my first outing with it.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
No its not the Glocks chambered in .40 SW its the Glock 37 in .45 GAP that keeps on blowing up. Let me do a little research and I'll get you a real story about it. If my memory doesnt fail me it was out of Flordia.
I have first hand knowledge of a g36 in 45ACP that kaboomed in North Dakota (it was mine) First and last glock I will ever own. (traded it off on a Para P-12 after it got fixed)

One thing you can say about glockies, is that they are insanely loyal to thier brand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Drillin: sound like some other brand we know, lol?
I believe strongly in the brand, but I know as well as you: stuff can and does happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts